Chapter 21

~Hisato's POV~

Hisato was hungry.

He wasn't strong enough to eat powerful apparitions yet, so he'd have to settle with weaker ones.

He sighed, looking around the dark school. The seven wonders were dangerous, and he didn't want to run into one of them right now.

Not at his level.

Surely, there were more Mokke somewhere...

Suddenly, Hisato heard a sound. It wasn't a natural sound, it was a...

"Heyo, kid!" A voice called. It was small, but it could still be heard. And it was probably a spirit.

Hisato licked his lips, turning to see where the voice was coming from.

A tiny tree was growing in a pot. It had a face.

"Finally, you found me!" It said. "According to my rumor, I give you luck if you find me, so come over here!"

Hisato walked over, getting a better look at his next meal.

It was a kodama tree. He had heard of this one; it used to be known as the Confession Tree, but a school wonder had taken it down when it got too powerful.

Now, it was weak enough to devour.

"H-hey, kid? What're you doing!? Stop! STOOOOO-"

*Crunch*

"Hm, tastes like... salad. Interesting." Hisato mused, mouth full. Once he had finished, he got up and looked into a window.

His hair had turned a deep green, fading into a maroon purple on the edges. He smirked at his reflection.

"I kind of smell like grass." He noted. Then, he walked away, leaving behind an empty flower pot.

~Time skip (Nene's POV)~

First, it was the Mokke.

Now, it was the Confession Tree.

Where were all of these spirits going?

"Weird..." She muttered, staring at an empty pot in the practice garden. "Is it possible that it just walked away...?"

~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter :(

New chapter coming soon