Chapter 28

1 month later....

Rayna's POV:

Its been a wild ride for us. My mom has cancer and we didn't know. Me and Caleb have kept in touch with her with the new phones dad and Faith got us. We live in Nashville now. My mom wanted my dad to have full custody of us. It wasn't a big deal that they had to go to court. She told them before "I want Samuel Timothy McGraw to have full custody of my children when ever he comes to visit Louisiana!".

I've been going to school here in Nashville. Its really fun. People in the school don't know that Tim McGraw is my dad. And we want to keep that as a secret.

Today is Wednesday. Its Thanksgiving vacation which means no school for a week. This week I've been spending it at home with Faith. She's really sweet. I've gotten to know a bit about her and she's gotten to k ow a bit about me. Caleb has been going to work with dad throughout the week. I get out of bed and I pull my dark brown hair up into a ponytail. I go to my closet and get my sweats and favorite T-shirt out. Once I finish putting them on I grab a pair of black socks and my black and pink airmax shoes. After I'm finished I head downstairs to find Faith cooking some breakfast.

Rayna: hi Faith. Good morning!

Faith: morning sweetie!

Rayna: where's dad and Caleb?

Faith: oh sweetie he just left with Caleb

Rayna: aw I missed saying good morning

Faith: don't worry he usually calls to tell me if hes gonna be home late today or if he isn't

Rayna: oh okay well thanks

Faith: want to go grab some breakfast just me and you

Faith was serving herself a cup of coffee. So basically her back was facing me when she said if I want to go grab some breakfast.

Rayna: sure thing mom.......oops I'm sorry I mean Faith

She turned around and I panicked. I darted out of the kitchen and ran up the stairs. As I reached the top I ran into my room and closed the door. I sat in my bed and thought about what I just said. Did I just call Faith my mom?

I heard footsteps come up the stairs. I was pretty sure it was Faith. I heard the steps getting closer. Then they stopped. There was a knock on my door.

*Knock Knock*

Faith: Rayna? Sweetie can I come in?

Rayna: uh-yeah sure

The door slightly opened. I was now laying on my bed. My back was facing Faith so she wouldnt see me. I was tearing up which led to me crying softly.

Faith: Rayna what's wrong.

Rayna: I'm sorry........I'm sorry Faith! I'm sorry I called you mom. I'm pretty sure you hate me now

I felt her come and sit by me. She rubbed my arm to comfort me. And then moved the little pieces of hair I had in my face.

Faith: sweetie I don't hate you I can never hate you

Rayna: you should! I called you mom and I bet it made you feel

Faith: it made me feel special. It warmed my heart that you called me mom

Rayna: so your not mad

Faith: why it means a lot that you called me mom

Faiths POV:

Hearing Rayna call me mom surprised me a bit. Then it made my heart warm up because of how much it means a lot. I came upstairs and started explain that it meant a lot that she called me mom. After I finished, we shared a hug and it felt good. 

Rayna: now why don't we go grab that breakfast you wanted to go to

Faith: yeah common kiddo

We walked down stairs and I grabbed my keys, phone, and wallet. I was wearing sweats, one of Tims shirts and black nikes with a tad of makeup. We drove to a little diner that was in Nashville that me and Tim always come to.

Once we arrived we sat in a booth and looked at the menus. My phone started to ring as I was choosing between a meal.

(Phone)

Faith: hello?

Tim: is this the lovely Faith Hill??

Faith: this is she is this the amazing Tim McGraw?

Tim: hey babe what are you doing

Faith: oh I'm just at our favorite diner with Rayna.

Tim: oh thats sweet hey listen I may come home little late

Faith: its okay babe don't worry

Tim: oh and tell Rayna i said good morning

Rayna: morning dad

Tim: alright babe gotta go see you later love you

Faith: love you

(End)

Rayna: dads coming home late?

Faith: yeah but its alright he doest come that late the latest he comes home late is at 8:30 pm.

After we finished eating we paid and left the diner. We decided to go to Sam's Club because we needed to by stuff for Thanksgiving.

Authors note:

Awww :'( Rayna called Faith mom!! Rayna and Faith had family moments in this chapter!!!

What do you think is gonna happen next???

Either Drama, moments or surprises?