Chapter 31

Caleb's POV:

I watched Faith move around and cook the veggies. Once she finished with all the main meals that needed to be cooked, Faith started one the desert.

Caleb: what are you going to make for deserts???

Faith: um I'm gonna make our dads favorite

Caleb: which is?

Faith: Hawaiian Pie

Caleb: never heard of it. Can I try it when its done?

That was a stupid question. Faith looked at me and I narrowed my eyes at her and she did the same. After about a few minutes, we broke into laughter.

Faith: of course in fact I'm finished with the filling that you put in the pie crust. Want some?

Caleb: sure

Faith: it has pecans, cherries, pineapple, cool whip, and cream cheese

Caleb: this is delicious

Faith: thank you

I helped Faith make the pies. After were finished we were about to put them in the fridge when the front door opens.

Tim: FAITH! CALEB!

Rayna: WERE HOME

Caleb: oh no.....

Faith: were in the kitchen

Rayna and dad walked in to the kitchen. Me and Faith throw the dishes we used for the hawaiian pie in the dish washer and act natural.

Tim: what's up with you two

Caleb: nothing

I stuttered a bit and made it obvious to them that I was lying. Rayna caught up on it but dad didn't.

Rayna: Caleb your lying!?

Tim: how can you tell

Rayna: he stutters when he tries to hide something

Tim: wow I just look them in the eyes and see if it noticeable

Faiths POV:

I was leaning against the counter when Tim comes over to me. He places his hands on my waist and pulls me close. I look him in the eyes. My knees start shaking and I feel myself melt.

Tim: what are you hiding

Faith: nothing at all babe

Tim: okay then

Tim leans in and I had totally forgotten I tasted the pie. Tims going to find out I have a his favorite pie in the fridge.

We pull away and he licks his lips. I peak on eye open and see Tim smiling like an idiot. He then starts to raise his eyebrows up and down. I can't help it but laugh.

Tim: where's the pie

Faith: its for later, Samuel

Tim: but its in the fridge right?

Faith: I didn't say where it was.

Tim let go of me and rushed to the fridge. He swung open the door and his eyes widen.

Tim: PIE!!! oh my gosh Faith! I love you!

Tim ran to me and picked me up and spun me around. He kissed my lips a couple of times. I broke out into laughter while he spun me around. He looked like a little kid in the candy store.

Tim: kids this is why I love her so much

Faith: why cause i only made your favorite pie?

Tim: no because you know me so well

Faith: yeah you gotta admit

Rayna: so now we know that dad loves Hawaiian pie?

Faith: yes now you do.

Tims POV:

I helped Faith set everything up on the dinning room table. From turkey to stuffing. From stuffing to veggies and mash potatoes to all the etc.. the door bell rang and I asked Rayna and Caleb to help her out. I answered I and saw Ma and Kristine.

Tim: hey Maw!!!! Hi Kristine.

Betty/Kristine: hey

Betty: where is Faith and the kids???

Tim: there in the dinning room helping set the table up with Faith

Betty: oh okay

Tim: well come on it

I led them to the dinning room table and told them to stay at the doorway. I placed my hand against Faith's waist and she looked up.

Faith: Betty! Kristine! Glad yall made it

Rayna/Caleb: MOM!!!

Faith and I went over to my mom. Faith gave her a welcoming huge and a kiss on the cheek. Faith shook Kristine's hand because she was busy with the kids.

Faith walked back to me and I wrapped my arm around her waist while she did the same. I watched Caleb and Rayna. They had the biggest smile on their faces. I knew that I did the right thing of bringing Kristine and mama over to Nashville.

Betty: well let's eat I see my lovely daughter-in-law cooked lots of delicious things.