Chapter 40

Tims POV:

Kristine walked out the door. Rayna and Caleb had a smile on their faces but quickly turned to a frown.

Faith looked confused. She looked at me and j got the message. I got up and walked to the front door. I opened it and walked to the swing we had in the porch.

Tim: Kristine? Are you okay.

Kristine: yeah I'm fine.

Tim: you sure you don't look like your okay.

Kristine: I'm fine Tim.

Tim: Kristine what's going on.

Kristine: Faith, the kids, Betty, you.

Tim: what about Faith, the kids, mom and me.

Kristine: the kids are happy here with you and Faith. Your mom loves you and Faith so much she's always talking about Faith being her daughter in law and y'all being happy.

Tim: okay but what do I have to do.

Kristine: Tim I still love you........

I tensed. My eyes widen. I turned to Kristine and she looked at me with tears in her eyes. I swallowed hard. I slowly took everything I'm.

Tim: you do.

Kristine: yes I do. I wish I was in Faith's spot right now. Being your wife. I'm jealous

Tim: Kristine listen we had a past. You didnt like that I moved to Nashville. You didn't want me in the kids life. We never had a thing. When I said I loved you I meant it when we were together. You didn't look like you loved me.

Kristine: well I do love you.

Tim: I'm talking about the past. Nothing is going to change my life right now.

Faiths POV:

I was walking up stairs to grab a gift for Betty when I hear Kristine say she loves Tim. It made my blood boil. Sure all girl in the world love Tim but that's different because its his fans who say I love you to him. This is way different because its his ex wife telling him she loves him. My mind is racing. I'm stressing out. This isn't good. I walked upstairs and opened the double doors to mine and Tims room. I walked in and turned around. I slammed them shut and leaned against them. I slid down and cried.

Footsteps came up from the stairs. I heard Tim's voice and Kristine's voice. I heard a knock on the door.

Faith: go away I need some time alone.

Rayna: mama its Rayna.

I got up and opened the door. My cheeks had tear stains printed. Rayna walked. She embraced me into a huge and we walked to the bed. She closed the door and joined me.

Rayna: mama what's wrong? Are you okay? Is the baby okay?

Faith: Idk baby girl. I was walking up here to grab tour grandma something when I hear your mom say 'I love you' to your dad.

Rayna: oh mama. You know dad loves you and only you.

Faith: I know sweetie but it just made me mad.

She embraced me into another hug and Tim stood at the door way. Me and Rayna pulled away from our huge and looked up at Tim.

Rayna: where is mom!

Kristine: I'm right here baby.

Rayna: DO YOU WANT TO RUIN DAD AND FAITH'S RELATIONSHIP!

Kristine: no sweetie. What did I do.

Rayna: don't you dare lie to me mom. I know you told dad 'I love you'

Rayna walked passed her mom and Tim walked in and closed the door. I sat in the bed. My eyes red and puffy from crying. He sat next to me and tried to wrap his arms around me. I got out of his grasp and just moved away from him a bit.

Tim: Faith--

Faith: no Tim!

Tim: Faith what's going on.

Faith: I know Kristine told you she loved you.

Tim: you listened to our conversation?

Faith: no I was walking upstairs to grab something for your mother when unheard her say she loved you.

Tim: Faith I'm sorry.

Faith: did you say it back?

Tim: Faith--

Faith: did you or did you not say 'I love you' back.

Tim: I didn't say it back.

Faith: you better not be lying to me

Tim: I'm not lying I didn't say it back. But Faith I wanna tell you something.

Faith: what?

Tim: she kissed me