-25-

The next day was a normal day besides Wonwoo being quieter than before. He didn't eat lunch with us nor did he really talk to the others. For the first time Seungkwan wasn't a third wheel in his team. Three teenage girls sticked around Mingyu the whole time, claiming he's a visual and should stop working here, instead start a career as a model. Jisoo basically slept the whole time, while Seokmin tried to keep him awake. Left alone Hansol folded origami. The two chinese boys were peacefully doing their job. Chan stayed next to us since he didn't have special work and Seungcheol and Jeonghan weren't seen anywhere as always. Jihoon was sorting out coins since 7AM, meaning that he really felt bad for what he said to Wonwoo. Overworking was his way to express himself: sorting out coins meaning he's sad, checking the ducks way too often meaning he's nervous and throwing out the broken toys of the pick games at 10PM meaning he's angry. He still thinks that I don't know that fact about him.

I was also surprised. Surprised at the fact that no one knows much about Jihoon besides me. I'm working here for almost a month, but I already know more about him than we all know about this other world. Jihoon was so obvious with every move he did, how can no one notice those? He speaks with actions, not with words. I thought everyone knows that, but it seems that I'm the only one. Maybe that's why he sticks around me the whole time.

I was walking the last box to the coin storage and had a quick look through the big storage. I was about to go since I still couldn't see the portal, when I heard two people arguing about something.
"No, we won't tell them. What if we get in trouble because you overheard something! Maybe we spread false rumors?!", I could distinguish Seungkwan's voice.
"Yeah, but let's say it's true. Isn't that something the other also need to know?", I recognized Hansol's voice.
"Okay. But even if it's true, that isn't our problem! We shouldn't even know about it!", Seungkwan whisper-screamed.
"We need to tell the others! Soonyoung could-"
"Pshhh! Do you want someone to hear us?", Seungkwan panicked and cut Hansol off. Me...? What are they talking about?
"Well, actually yes", Hansol responded. "Soonyoung's in great danger if we just decide to not tell him or anyone", Hansol argued. Seungkwan sighed.
"Okay, let's ask Seungcheol. After all it's his brother, who said that."
"Fine. Later on you will thank me for persuading you."
"Ugh, why do we always happen to hear certain things? Are we some sort of side characters that know everything about everyone? I just want to be normal for once!", Seungkwan whined.
"See it in a positive way: We get information without doing anything. Also you stopped being normal when you discovered the other side", Hansol laughed.
"That's not funny! Let's just go back", Seungkwan said. I quickly made my way back to the game stand without them noticing me.

What were they talking about? I'm in danger? Why? And why should it be kept a secret? After all I'm obviously the concerned person. Well, I couldn't just ask them like: "Hey, overheard your conversation about me. Bothered to tell me more?" so I thought about waiting and hoping they will tell us in some time.

Back to work I guided some people through the game stands. I was tired and for the first time exhausted. Jihoon was quick to notice, but I told him I'm fine.

After work we went to the food court to eat tacos again. Seokmin was really into them.
"Okay, guys listen!", Seokmin suddenly said as he stood up, drawing the attention to him. "Seungcheol told me that we have another meeting today." Everyone, besides Jihoon and me, moaned in annoyance.
"What's wrong?", I asked Jihoon quietly.
"We always have meetings at night, but it's usually once a month so don't worry", he said.

At 11PM we went to that small building next to the hotel. I always wondered what that's for, but Chan explained to me that it's partially Seungcheol's office. The other half is for the rest of his family and one room is the meeting room for the amusement park department. We went through the big hallway to that room.

We sat down and I noticed that everyone had a place as if our team was meant to consist of 13 members.
"Okay, guys! Calm down", Seugcheol started. The chattering slowly died down. "Since we need to do that at least once a month, here we are."
"Why do we have to do that? That's so unnecessary! Like we gather at freaking nighttime only to tell you that the same amount of people baught the same amount of tickets for the same damn amusement park!", Minghao loudly complained.
"I'm not doing this because I want to, so don't let it out on me", Seungcheol sighed. They argued why they should postpone the meetings at daytime and why Seungcheol doesn't have the power of it. Wonwoo was sitting in front of Jihoon and I could feel the high tension between them. Chan also noticed it and lowered his head. Hansol and Seungkwan seemed awkward since Hansol seemed to want to say something that he couldn't. Jisoo and Jeonghan were straight up annoyed by the verbal fight and Jun just laid back. Then Wonwoo took out his phone. Firstly he was just playing a random game, but then he suddenly stood up, his chair falling down, causing everyone to shut their mouth. The whole attention turned to Wonwoo, who's eyes fixed his phone. His gaze was somehow emotionless, but also so... anxious.
"What's wrong?", Seungcheol dared to ask. Firstly Wonwoo didn't answered. He still focused on his phone, making everyone nervous. His hands started trembling. I switched looks with Jihoon, but he just shrugged his shoulders.
"Hey, Wonwoo?", Seokmin tried his luck.
"M-My parents", Wonwoo said with a trembling voice.

"They're out of prison."