-49-

Soonyoung poV:

Jihoon and Minghao were standing right in the entrance, frozen of Chan's every move. I never felt so relieved, overjoyed and worried in my life before.
"So you finally realized something was wrong", Chan turned to Jihoon and Minghao.
"What are your plans?", Jihoon coldy uttered. His and Minghao's legs were all scratched. What was going on out of this tent?
"Isn't it obvious now?", Chan's fake smile finally disappeared, turning into an ice cold expression.

"That dude over there destroyed our perfect lifes on this island. He came all perfect and innocent and couldn't even see the world. Firstly I thought he was a good friend. Yeah, even my best friend. All my life I was ignored, bullied and forced into other people's ideas, but Soonyoug was the first one to just accept me the way I was until that stupid fight. That's when I realized he never saw me as a friend. He only saw me as a kid working on the same island as him. And that's where I felt it. This feeling of betrayal. If he never started working here, that all never would've happened. It's all his fault!", Chan shouted. Cold sweat broke it's way through my pores, as my throat felt dry. I didn't even know what I was feeling at this point. I was angry, shocked, confused, scared. That kid literally went nuts.
"You're such a creepy psychopath", was the only thing that escaped Minghao's mouth.

They started running towards me, but Chan had other plans for us. He tapped his remote control and a lion made its way into the tent.
"Here's that lion trick I wanted to show you the whole time", he laughed in a creepy way as the lion showed it's teeth. While this animal approached my friends, Chan left the tent and made his way somewhere else. Jihoon and Minghao parted ways, making the lion follow Jihoon. While Minghao made his way to me, Jihoon distracted it as he attacked it from the far.
"Why are you here?", I asked Minghao as he untied the ropes.
"You said yourself you rather risk other people's life to get a slight chance to survive. Here we are", he replied, while throwing the ropes away. As soon as I was free I looked at my hands, which were filled with scratches from the ruff rope. As I looked up, I saw Minghao already joining Jihoon in fighting the lion.
"Now where you're free we need to get the heck outta here", Jihoon said, kicking the butt of the lion, making it even angrier. I quickly got up, following them to the tent's entrance.

We quickly ran out, finding a giant, monstrous, yellow thing fighting against Seungkwan and Hansol.
"Hansol? Seungkwan?", I asked shocked and surprised of this sight.
"Soonyoung! Are you okay? And where's Chan?", Hansol asked me, while dodging the attacks of this monster.
"Hansol, what are you doing here?", Jihoon asked surprised.
"That's not the question you're supposed to ask! Let's get outta here!", Minghao shouted back. Hansol seemed confused, but still had to focus on this thing. All of a sudden the floor started trembling. Like an earthquake is about to hit this world. The monster also stopped attacking Hansol, who took a deep breath from all the dodging.
"What's going on?", Seungkwan asked from the far.
"How are we supposed to know?", Minghao snapped back.
"Let's just find the portal back", Jihoon said, looking at me, "You know where this is!"
Hansol and Seungkwan then approached us too. Seungkwan held his right arm, which was swollen badly and Hansol seemed exhausted as if he was running the last three hours nonstop. They all risked their lives to get get us out. We better get out here safe.
"It's in the back tent. There's a small room and a shelf. The portal is in the last compartment of it", I explained.
"In that room with the lion?", Jihoon asked to be sure since we all didn't want to return to that.
"A lion?", Hansol repeated confused.
"No, somewhere else. It's a backstage room and it looks like a bedroom. It was somewhere behind this big tent", I went on, slowly remembering the details. The earthquake didn't stop, making me a little dizzy.
"I think I saw another small tent from the outside, when we got here", Seungkwan uttered his thoughts.
"Okay, we follow you then", Minghao decided. We all agreed so Seungkwan ran at the front.

It wasn't only the tent that trembled, but the whole world shook heavily. The sky was also dark. It was coloured in a super unnatural dark purple. I guess the world was about to fall apart, with us in it. No, that shouldn't happen.
"Where's Chan?", Hansol asked worried. Right, he doesn't know.
"The Chan you used to know, isn't that Chan anymore", I replied.
"What?", Seungkwan asked confused.
"That psycho planned all this. I still don't know his purpose behind this though", Minghao hissed. I could imagine their shocked reaction, but they kept quiet. From the far I could already see the tent that Seungkwan mentioned. Let's hope it's the right one.

We finally reached the tent and were about to enter it, when we suddenly heard a loud noise. Like a big bomb hit the main tent. Surprisingly the noise came from in front of us. A big gymnastic ball, which was on fire hit right next to the tent, triggering a big wave of wind.
"What was that?", Seungkwan asked shocked. We all asked us the same, but shortly after we saw the person behind this, all our eyes turned to him. It was Chan of course, with his big metal machine, from which the burning gymnastic balls shoot out.
"I'm the one, who decides if y'all get out here or not!", he shouted and fired another ball directly in Jihoon's direction, who got pushed out of the way from Minghao, who got hit instead.
"Minghao!", Seungkwan screamed worried, but Minghao didn't reply. He just hissed in pain, revealing his fleshy wound on his arm.
"Do you need to go that far Chan?", Hansol questioned Chan angry.
"Y'all never cared about me anyway so why would I care?", he coldly replied, making the machine ready to shoot again. Before the ball could shoot out, Jihoon quickly interfered, leading the machine to shoot somewhere else, which turned out to be the tent. It then started burning.
"Hurry up and get to the portal!", Jihoon told us, while fighting with Chan. Hansol reacted fast grabbing Seungkwan and Minghao by their healthy arms and running with them towards the portal. I followed them, but then turned around to check on Jihoon. Chan unfortunately defeated him as he aimed the machine directly at Jihoon. I quickly turned around.

"Chan, the person you want to get is me, right?", I yelled, so Chan turned his attention to me. Jihoon seemed shocked and slowly got up. Chan was now aiming the machine at me. My heart pounded fast, the adrenaline kick still hitting in my veins.
"I really don't know what hit the inside of your head, but I want you to know that I really saw you as my friend. Yeah, even for a damn really good friend. You're were the only one, who sticked around me the whole time, never caring about me related to this world. Best friend? Who cares about that shit?! All I ever cared for was having people in my life, who made me feel good to be alive. And you were one of them. Yeah, you were. When I met you I thought I was blessed to have such a nice person in my life, but the only thing I think about you right now is that you turned into my greatest nightmare that ever accured in my life and that will be the only thing I will remember you for", I snapped furious. He seemed in trance as if he was asking himself a lot of questions. Luckily I distracted Chan long enough so Jihoon took the chance and snatched the weapon from Chan's arms and threw it meters away. He then ran to me, grabbing my arm and running towards the portal, where Minghao, Hansol and Seungkwan already left. I dared a last look at Chan, who still seemed in trance and out of his mind, crouching down.

In front of the portal I stood still. Jihoon turned to me.
"What are you doing? We need to get out!", he reminded me loudly. The floor still trembled and the fires burned the last bit of the tent and furniture away. Something was wrong. I was so near of being safe and it was a question of minutes for this world to completely fall apart, but my guts were still telling me that I forgot something. I was so near to survive, even all my friends made it. Well, not everyone made it yet. I couldn't believe myself either, but this time I wouldn't betray my gut feelings. The portal was still shining brightly green.
"I'm sorry, Jihoon", I just mumbled and started to run in the opposite direction.

I will get every person out of this hell.