The Wolf ring

Sapphire POV~~

I woke up and its weird because this time i didnt dream of anything weird.I look to my side and saw Paddy still asleep but she probably waking up in the midnight again because i can see the bangs under her eyes.

I do my daily rutine and all of that.I check on my phone a it shows 7.13 A.M.,dad should get us in 10.15 A.M so there still like three hours.I walk to the kicthen and there still no butler there maybe because its sunday so everyone goes lazy.I make myself a coffee and a toast.I take my seat and eat my breakfast,i look around the house and i notice that they had lots of wolves decoration.'They must be very like wolf',i thought.I continue looking around and my eyes stop at a picture on the refrigiator(sorry i dont know how to spell it😅😅😅).I walk to it and take a good look on the picture,it's Ruby's family picture.The picture had toddler Ruby climbing to behind younger Red's back playing bubbles.Ruby was wearing a salmon tank top with grey shorts.He's holding swords toy on his right hand rising it high to the air while the other one holding Red's shoulder to balance him behind his back.He was smiling showing his teeth that loss two of it in the front.Red was wearing a dark maroon t-shirt and a black jeans.He was giving Ruby a piggy ride on his back and was laughing as well. Theres a black skin man with the same curly hair as they both who im assuming their dad in the background.He's wearing a white sleeveless shirt with a word 'Best dad in the world' infront of it.He was holding a blue hose that spray a water to both Ruby and Red.
And beside him was a women who im guessing their mother.She was protecting the cookies on her hand from the water and was also laughing.I smiled by how happy they look like in the picture.I scan back the picture and realize that they all had a very long and sharp fangs.I thinking that it was just their genetic so i shrugged it away.I was so focus at the picture that i didnt realize that someone behind me.

"He look so cute in that picture,i know",i jump and turn around and saw Red was looking at the picture too."Oh,sorry.I didnt mean to touch your family picture."."No,its okay.I put it there so people can see it anyway",he open it and grab the orange juice.

"Im suprise that someone wake up this early on sunday",he pour the juice to a glass and drink it."Ehh,it just habit being an early bird",he just chuckled.I then remembered what happen last night....

"Red,Paddy told me what happen yesterday",i said and he stop drinking his juice.He put his glass on the table and look down."What did she tell you?",he said not metting my gaze.

"Everything,Red she been crying all night because of that.If you care for her then why you did that?",he finally look at me."You wanna know why?,because im an underground criminal,Sapphire.My dad is the leader of the biggest mafia in the country and i will be the next leader whenever he want to retired.I had more enemy than the number of your strands of hair and targeting everything that they saw as my weakness.They even had tried kidnap my sister and my mother once and i cant even bare thinking their fucking dirty hands on my Paddy!",i back away because he start to scared me.A mafia!?.

Red then snapped out of it and back away."I-...im sorry,..i got carried away with my temper",his soften his voice."...but heard what i say,Paddy's life is in great danger if she decide to be with me.Im doing this because i want to protect her and your family.I dont want to invole you guys on this bullshit my dad drag me into.Please,...her safety is all i ask for",he explain to me.Seeing he didnt get my answer,he walk off and i said before he step out of the kicthen

"She loves you,Red.And i doubt that mafia business and her safety will make her change it",he stop probably thinking about it for a moment before walk off again.

I just stond there for a while.Ruby's dad a Mafia boss!?.I mean he doesnt look like ever hurt a fly in that picture,he look like ordinary family guy.What happen those past years?.I know this is none of my business but i had this feeling telling me to know more about this family.I look back to the picture and scan it....my eyes stop at the ring their dad wearing,it was a silver ring with a wolf head in it that had blue eyes.