4

Kentrell DeSean Gaulden

"Shit we can leave in two days, be in Virginia for a week, fly to Charlotte and bring them with us. Have the concert and stay there for a week or so." Three announced to us.

Me, Three, Jay, and Kd was planning on going to Virginia to surprise the girls. Janae got a apartment so Jay and Three was gone surprise they girls first and then we would all go to Janae apartment and surprise her.

"That's fine wit me." I shrugged and went back to playing the game. I was beating Kd ass and he was getting mad. I made the final shot and tossed the controller on the table.

"Pay up." I held my hand out and he placed 3 20's in my hand. I put the money in my pocket and took a long drag from my blunt.

"Cheating ass." He got up and went in the kitchen. I laughed as I let the smoke out through my nose. I passed it to Three and pulled out my phone. I went through instagram and stopped on a picture Janae posted.

ItzzJanaeT          Shoutout to @allaboutnique for the cafe date🥰                                  11,413 Likes

ItzzJanaeT Shoutout to @allaboutnique for the cafe date🥰
11,413 Likes

I liked the picture and commented on it and kept scrolling.
Then a picture of the girl from the studio came up.

thelyricmichell Attention Grabber🤩

31,407 Likes

I liked the picture and looked at again. Ian gone lie, shawty bad. I commented a heart eye.

"Oooo this nigga crushin'." Kd shouted. I turned around and he was standing behind me.

"Mane shut the fuck up. All in my damn phone." I mugged him and kept scrolling.

"Ayo he was lookin' at da guhh from the studio. Lyric. Had da squeaky ass voice." Kd told Three. Three mouth dropped open.

"Nigga nooooo. One, you in a relationship. Two, her voice squeaky ass hell and she aggravating." Three shook his head.

"Mane ain't nobody worried bout ha. Hop off my dick." I smacked teeth and looked back at my phone. Lyric had dm'd me. I clicked on it.

thelyricmichell Hey☺️

I was finna text back but Kd was still looking in my phone. "You bet not text ha back, You BET not."

"Bruh Kd if youn get the hell on." I muttered, but it was loud enough for him to hear. He shook his head and walked off. I looked back at my phone and went out of the chat. I wasn't even gone do it.

The guilt made me facetime Janae and see what she was up to. She answered and smiled at the phone.

"Hey."
She was driving, taking a sip from her drink.

"Wassup. Whatchu doin'?"

She put her cup down and put her hand back on the wheel. "On the way back to my place."

"Dets wassup."

Kd brought his uglahh back to the camera. "Now you wanna call ya girl. Guilty ass."

I looked at him and drew my arm back, making him flinch and move. I looked at the phone and Janae had her face scrunched up. "Guilty? What he talking bout?"

"Who the fuck knows man."

Whining came through the phone and she turned around. "What's wrong? Here." I heard shuffling and then she turned back around.

"Who dat?" I asked her, curious as to why she ain't tell me she had a damn baby.

"My niece."

Well damn.

"Ohh." I said.

She looked at the road then down at the phone. "Imma call you back when I get settled in."

"Quit lyin'. Jus say you gone call me back lata on. Know damn well yeen gone call back."

She laughed. "Okayy. Love you."

"Luhh you too."

She hung up and I looked at Kd and Jay. The was shaking they heads.

They get on my damn nerves.

Janae Iyana Taylor|| JT

I leaned over the on the island counter and looked at my phone. I looked up every so often to check on Brailen. She was on the floor playing with toys. It had been a little over an hour and Braiden still ain't text me back.
I was getting worried because what if something was really wrong. I debated on going to find Zay myself. But I know Braiden wanted me to stay here and I wasn't gone be hardheaded.

I went in the living room and sat on the couch. I tucked one leg under me and grabbed my laptop that was on my coffee table. I opened it up and went to my email to see if Cortez had any ideas for the project. If he didn't have one, I would give mine.
I wanted to walk the beach and get a photograph of the sunset reflecting against the water.

He did send a email, basically asking if I had any ideas and I gave him mine. I made sure it sent before shutting it close. I turned my attention back to the spot where Brailen played with her toys, she wasn't there.

Turned my head for two damn seconds.

I got up and heard something fall. I went in the kitchen and founded her in the cabinets pulling stuff out. The bottle of vegetable oil had fell and some of it spilled on the floor. I picked her up and took her to the living room, buckling her in her car seat. I went back to the kitchen and cleaned up the area.

I threw the napkins away and as soon as I grabbed the mop, my phone rung. I instantly dropped the mop and went to my phone, picking it up.

Incoming Call From....
BraiBrai🥺💙

I answered almost immediately.

"You found him? Is he okay? Please tell me he okay." I asked, sitting down on the couch.

"He fine. He was sleep when I got here. I was talking to him that's why I ain't call."

I let out a long sigh of relief. Thank God.

I debated on the sentence that was about to come out my mouth. I wanted to say it but at the same time I didn't.

Fuck it.

"Lemme speak to him." I looked at Brailen who was chewing on her fingers.

"You sure?" He asked. I nodded my head as if he could see.

"Yeah, I'm sure." It was quiet for a second and then I could hear him tell Zay I wanted to talk to him.

"No. Ion talking to her bruh." I heard him say. Then I felt hurt all over again, like the day he found out.

"Zay c'mon man. She worried boutchu."

"I don't CARE."

I could feel the tears coming and I hung up and slammed my phone into the couch. I stuffed my face in a pillow and cried.
I thought me and Zay could finally be able to fix our problems, but I guess not.
Now that I knew he was actually going through something, I wanted to fix it...But he had to meet me half way.

Ugh.

I definitely needed to go talk to my mama.