45

Janae

I paced back and forth in the sand while talking to Cortez's mom. She would cry and then talk and cry again. It was hard for her to even get a sentence out without breaking down.

All she kept repeating was 'Who would do this to my son?'

After ending our conversation, I stood facing the ocean with my arms folded. I stared at the sun that was now setting.

I squished the sand between my toes and blinked back the tears

I squished the sand between my toes and blinked back the tears. I would be lying if I said Cortez's death didn't affect me. And I felt guilty because I cut him off and we weren't even on good terms when he died.

Sarah told me he was shot in his back while he was asleep in his room. Whoever did this was ruthless.

Cortez didn't deserve this. No one deserved to have their life taken from them. He had so many plans with his life. He would always tell me how he would make it big one day with his song or producing.

And it hurt me to know he wouldn't be able to fulfill his future.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I automatically knew it was Kentrell. He rested his chin on top of my head and we just sat there, watching the sunset.

"Where the kids at?" I broke the silence.

"They good. You ain't gotta worry bout them right ni."

I bit the inside on my cheek as the tears resurfaced. I turn around and put my face into his shirt and cried for the 100th time. He just held me, rubbing my back.

I was thankful for him being there.

"You ight now?" He asked me when I stepped back and wiped my face. I nodded and smiled a little.

"I luh you." He kissed my forehead.

"I love you too."

I stood up on my tippy toes and held his face with both hands and kissed him slowly. He gripped my waist and pulled me in closer. He slipped his tongue into my mouth and I bit down on his bottom lip.

"Betta chill out."

I laughed and grabbed his hand, pulling him back towards the villa. "C'mon. I'm bored." He shook his head and walked ahead of me.

"My feet hurt." I lied. He smacked his lips and bent down. I jumped on his back and he held my legs and went into the house. We heard arguing and I immediately got down and went into the living room.

Nique was yelling at Jay while Ky held her back. He just sat on the couch, looking unbothered.

"Calm down sis, what's wrong?"

"This STUPID ass nigga cheating on me! I promise you, I'm packing my shit and going back to Virginia! FUCK you and the stank ass hoe you fucking with. You got me fucked up." She yelled at Jay.