32

Kentrell DeSean Gaulden

I sat on the couch and wiped Kayden's mouth. Had ice cream all over his face. We had just got back from the mall and I let him choose the toys he wanted and got him some clothes.

"Da..." He said and tapped my shoulder.

"What man?"

He pointed to the race track I had just bought him that was sitting beside all his other toys. He had so many damn toys, I was damn sure shipping them to his mama house.

"Ight. Tell Three to help you."

He hopped down from my lap and took off running to get Three from the kitchen. I laid back and put my arm over my eyes.

"Dracooo!" I heard Three yell and shook my head.

"Aw hell. Look at dis nigga."

I peeked from under my arm and saw Kd coming down the stairs. He shook his head at me and sat on the other couch.

"Nigga you depressed? Needa hug?"

"Bring yo musty ass ova here if you want to...." I warned him. He laughed.

"The only thang musty is yo hoes, ya dick too."

I scrunched up my face. "You gay as fuck bruh."

My phone started vibrating so I dug it out my pocket. I rolled my eyes and answered the phone.

"What Arianna?" I asked, calling her by her whole name.

"Ain't seen you in a min. Slide through."

I put one arm behind my head and sighed. As much as I wanted some head, my schedule was a lil tight.

"Ion know. I'm b—"

"C'mon man. Lemme please you." She said seductively in the phone. I bit my bottom lip.

Ari a bad ass chick ian gone lie. But I was only using her for sex, that's all. And it had been a while since my dick had got some attention so shiddd....might as well squeeze in my lil appointment.

"Ight. I'm on the way."

I hung up and laid there for seconds and then got up, grabbing my keys. Jay came from the kitchen with a bowl of cereal.

"Whea you goin'?"

"Ari." I said, knowing he knew what that meant.

"We tryna make a drop. You ridin'?" He asked while chewing hard on his cereal.

"I gotta meet up with Jania—"

"Meet up with us afta. We gone be at the alley behind Dollar Tree."

I nodded and left the house. It had been a while since I did a drop. I been so caught up with everything else, but shit it would be good to get back to what I used to do.

30 Minutes Later

"I might stop by tomar, ion know yet." I told Ari as I zipped up my pants. She responded by kissing my neck and trying to pull me back down in the bed. I pushed her back by her shoulders.

"Chill." I said and grabbed my phone and keys. She folded her arms and rolled her eyes.

"You can't stay longer?"

I looked down at my phone and saw the message from Jay saying that they had just left. "Nah I got some shit to do."

I left her there pouting and left her house. I got in my car and headed to Dollar Tree. On the way there, I called Jania.

"What?" She answered with a attitude. I let out a slight laugh.

"Our lil meet up gotta wait, I gotta handle something."

"Handle what Kentrell? Whateva you got going on is not more important than yo son."

I rolled my eyes. "What the hell we gotta talk about anyway? I know he my son, imma do what I gotta do. Ight?"

She just hung up the phone and I shrugged. I ain't really give a fuck. He my son so imma do what I gotta do and make sure he straight. All my kids gone be good and they ain't gone have to want for nothing. I put that on everything I love.

I pulled into Dollar Tree and went around back. It was two cars parked on one side and Jay, Three, Joe and Kd two cars was parked on the other side. I parked beside them and got out.
I tapped on the window of the car and Three let the window down.

"Imma go meet dude, y'all get the shit out the trunk." I told them. Jay, Joe,and Kd got out and Three came with me. We stopped once we was halfway and waited for the nigga to get out.

"Aye, if they on some sneaky shit we strapped." Three said lowly and I nodded. The passenger door and the back doors of the car opened. When the passenger side door closed, I shook my head.

"Oh hell nah." I heard Three mumble.

Kingston walked up to us with a smirk on his face. The dude beside him had a duffel bag.

I don't fuck with this pussy ass nigga at all. I already beat his ass one time and his bitch ass pressed charges like a bitch. I would've been offed his ass but I got too much on the line. But he got another thing coming if he think I'm finna have any kind of business with him.

"Ight let me see what you got."

I looked him up and down while Three busted out laughing.

"Ian got shit for you. And yeen getting shit. Waste of time." I responded and headed back to my car.

"5g." He said and I turned around. The dude beside him popped open the bag and showed the money. Three looked at me and shook his head. I understood what he was saying and turned around and walked off. I signaled to Joe n nem to put everythang back.

"C'mon bruh. You know damn well you need this money.....Especially with that premature baby you got."

I paused and clenched my fists. I turned around and pulled my gun from behind me and pointed it at him. The dude beside him did the same thing. Joe, Three, Kd, and Jay all pulled they guns out.

"Don't speak on my kids. That's the quickest way for you to die." I warned him. The doors to his car open and three dudes stepped out, all strapped.

He smirked. "How's Janae? Haven't seen her since the car accident?"

I scrunched my face up. The fuck was he doing around her?

"Whatchu mean?" I asked. He put his finger on his chin like he was thinking and then he shrugged.

"You think that car 'accidentally' hit her from behind?" He chuckled lightly. It took me a second to see what he meant. He did all this shit, he the cause for it. This nigga tried to kill my child and my baby mama.

"You—"

Before he could get his words out, I fired a shot in his chest and that's when bullets started flying everywhere. While shooting we ran back to the car and ducked down. I looked over and Jay had got shot in his arm but he was still shooting. My thigh was burning and completely covered him blood.

I peeked over the trunk of the car and kept shooting. The dudes was dragging Kingston to the car and I shot at the car, making one tire go out and shot the driver in the shoulder. They ended up driving off.

"Aye y'all good?" I asked, hearing sirens in the distance.

"Yea-"

"No nigga!" I heard Jay yell. I went to his car and the passenger side door was opened. Laying behind it was Kd, choking on his own blood. He took three bullets. One in the chest, one in the shoulder and one in the leg.

"Fuck! Put em in the car!" I yelled. "Aye stay with me bruh." I told him as I helped pick him up.

I know me and Kd joke around and shit, and I be giving him a hard time but it's all outta love. I ain't got nothing but love for him and all my niggas. I couldn't lose Kd man. That's my brotha for life.

When we got him in the car, Jay sped off and headed towards the safe house. It was too risky to go to a hospital.The sirens got louder once I got to my car. I got in and drove off, following behind Jay. Three and Joe left after me.

Ion pray like I should but I was praying right now. I just wanted my nigga to be straight.