34

Janae Iyana Taylor

"I'm not going. I don't care what the hell he got going on. I appreciate him caring and all that but i'm not bout to fly to another state and be around people I don't know. And I'm DAMN sure not letting my 2 month old baby on no fucking jet and go to another state. She's a premature baby, I at least want her to get used to being at home. If we do get on that jet, I want to wait til Leah is 4 months." I vented to Nique and Ky who came over to my apartment after I finished my homework.

"We're going too so you won't be around random ass people. And you really gone wait 2 months before you go to Louisiana? Anything could happen. Jay said they facing attempted murder charges. That ranges from one year to 15 years." Nique explained and I rolled my eyes while she continued talking.

"Leah can get to know her other side family while he's behind bars—"

"That's the thing. His family will be getting to know her but what about my mama, my dad, my aunts n uncles and everybody else. And don't even get me started on Zay and Braiden. They are gonna kill me." I said and turned my attention to the tv.

I understood where Kentrell was coming from but I can't just jump when he say jump. I had family here in Virginia and they go wanna see Leah. And I have school and I refuse to do online school. So he might as well send me some security because I'm not leaving Virginia at all.

Kingston ain't that damn stupid to harm me, my baby, or any of my family.

"...Just do what's best for you and Leah. Okay?" Ky said and I nodded. I had already made my decisions anyway. We not going to Louisiana, period.

"Anyway....You heard any news on Kd?" Nique asked and I shook my head.

"Yeah. Now they saying it's not looking good." I told them and they both nodded.

For some reason, Kd was not making good progress anymore. The only thing I heard from Kentrell was that it wasn't looking good right now.

"That's crazy. I hope he pull through...Won't be the same without him." Nique said.

"I knew from day one that Kingston was a weird ass person. I tried to tell y'all." Ky said and shook her head.

I was tired of having this conversation. I didn't really wanna think about it because Kd is like a brother to me. Even though he be trying to flirt and shit. But I had hope that he was going to pull through so I changed the subject.

"I want a dog. I was gonna wait til Leah got older but I really want one." I said as I channel surfed.

"Awwwww you should get a big one. Cause ya know....You need a guard dog." Nique said and shrugged. I instantly shook my head. I'm not having no giant ass dog around my premature baby. Hell no. A lil tiny house dog is dog fine with me.

"I want a small one." I said and picked up my phone.

"And who gone help you with that?"

I clicked on Cortez's contact and called him. "I know a guy." I smiled and waited for him to answer. We had discussed me getting a dog and he told me to just call him when I decided on it.

"Yes ma'am?" He answered.

"I made a decision." I said as I received weird looks from Nique and Ky.

"Please tell me you said yes because I done had this damn dog at my house for the pass three days."

I scrunched up my face. "What?"

"Hold on." He hung up and then a few seconds later he sent a picture to my phone.