33

Janae Iyana Taylor

"Can I get a smile? C'mon, give mommy a smile." I ran my finger on Leah's cheek and cooed at her. A small smile came across her lips as I tickled her cheek. I rocked her in my arms as I stood up to lay her down in her bassinet.

I came to see Leah today since I was by myself. I had been at the hospital for a couple hours and sent my mama sooo many pictures that I had to block her so she would leave me alone.

"Wanna call Dada? Huh? Let's see what he up to." I talked to Leah while I called Kentrell with one hand and ran my thumb over her hair with the other.

It rung a couple times before he answered. I turn the camera around so it was facing Leah.

"Yeah?" He asked, sounding a little agitated and not looking at the phone.

"Hey to you too, damn. But look." I said and put the camera up to Leah.

" I said and put the camera up to Leah

"Look at deddy baby." He said to Leah. "But aye lemme call you back."

I rolled my eyes and flipped the camera back to me. "Why? Whatchu got going on?"

I was trying to let him see his baby but obviously he got other shit to do. He go to Louisiana and wanna act all shady.

"Nothing man. Some shit went down yesterday."

"What happened?" I asked and went to go sit down in the chair.

"Imma let you know lata, ight?"

"Whateva." I responded and hung up the phone. I shouldn't have signed up for this baby daddy bull shit, this ain't it.

"Yo daddy get on my nerves Lele. You gone learn, watch when you get older. You gone be sick of him." I told her while she just laid there going back to sleep.
If he hadn't rushed me off the phone, I was gonna tell him how I could bring Leah home next week. The only people that knew was me and my mama and Cortez because he was there when I got the call so I felt like telling him.
Apart from that, I WAS FINALLY BRINGING MY BABY HOME! I was beyond excited. I've been planning this day forever. I even made a list of all the things I needed to do when I brought her so I was really prepared.

Nothing is better than finally bringing your baby home.

My plan is to just come here everyday until the day I bring her home. I was gonna get my mama or Nique and Ky to come with me. I know Kentrell probably wouldn't be able to come back to Virginia in 6 days. Maybe he can, I don't know.

The door opened and my mama came in with my food she promised me. She must've noticed the stressed look on my face when she came in cause she asked me what was wrong.

"Nothing. Just tired." I told her and she handed me my bag from Whataburger.

"Mhmm. How my grandchild been?" She asked as she peered over in the basinet.