14

Janae Iyana Taylor

I sat on the couch with my laptop on my lap, finishing up my essay. I had the tv on for background noise and I had a bowl of ice cream beside me, occasionally shoving a spoonful in my mouth.
I decided to make tonight all about my school work, So I basically was completing all my work and studying for upcoming tests and shit. Ya know, on my smart girl shit.

I paused on my typing and ate some of my ice cream. I put the ice cream down and left the spoon in my mouth as I continued my work.

While I was still typing my phone rung. I smacked my teeth and stopped on my essay and grabbed my phone.

Incoming Call From.....
Keiya💕

I answered it and put it on speaker phone.

"Yes ma'am." I said and went back to working.

"Janae. I need a favor." She sniffled as if she was crying. I turned my attention back to my phone.

"Keiya? What's wrong?"

"Who the fuck you talking to? Gimme da damn phone!" I heard the male voice yell.

"None of yo business!" Keiya yelled back. They continued going back and forth and I didn't wanna interrupt. I didn't want whoever the guy was to react.

"I'm done!" I heard Keiya yell. Then cries came through the phone which I figured was Kyson. Now that I knew he was there I spoke up.

"Keiya the fuck is going on?"

I heard a door slam and Kyson's cries got quieter. "C-Can I come to your place please?" She said as her voice cracked.

"Yeah of course. But what happened?"

She sighed. "I'll explain when I get there. We on the way."

She hung up and I tried to finish up my work before they got there.

About 30 minutes had passed and I got a lil nervous that something had happened until there was a soft knock on the door. I jumped up and went and opened it.

Keiya stood there with tears rolling down her cheeks and Kyson clung to her tightly. She didn't have any luggage or anything with her. I also noticed that her cheek was really red.

I stepped to the side to let her in. She laid Kyson down on the couch since he was sleeping. She sat down beside him, laying her jacket over him. I sat back down in my original seat and was trying to figure out how to start the conversation.

"You probably wondering what the hell happened huh?" Keiya said, looking up at me as she rubbed Kyson's back.

"Yes. I'm really concerned about you but if you don't wanna talk about it right now, it's fine. As long as you and Kyson are okay, that's all that matters." I told her.

"No it's fine, I trust you so I can tell you. But promise me you won't do anything. Or tell anyone. It's already hard enough."

I nodded my head. "I promise you. Your word is safe with me."
She sat up a little more and sighed heavily.

"Kysons's dad is my ex. But we are always off and on, which is annoying at times. He's soooo controlling. Even when we aren't together, He still stalks me and does shit no girl should have to deal with. So tonight, I went to pick up Kyson. When he opened the door, it smelled like straight weed. Like...Why the hell are you smoking with my son there? So I got Kyson and his stuff and told his dad that he wouldn't be seeing him no more because smoking around my son is highly unacceptable."

She paused and shook her head. "When I said that, he got pissed the fuck off. We started arguing and he got all in my face. It escalated quickly and he.....He slapped me. In front of my SON."

She started to cry again. "I hated my son had to see that shit. I don't want him to even see his own dad do some shit like that. What if he think that's okay? What if he thinks he can just go around and hit on females. I just...Ion know what to do."

Being that I was in the same situation with Chris, I decided to give her some advice. To think that a close friend of mine is going through what I went through made me realize that sometimes you just never know who it can happen to.

"My advice to you is cut off all ties to him. Because what he did is unacceptable. The only thing y'all should be communicating about is anything that has to do with Kyson. I know that....When you have a baby with someone, you want to be together and have a small little family. But sometimes...." My mind drifted to Kentrell and I felt a small pain in my heart.

"Sometimes it's just not meant to be. And you have to put your child first and do what's best for both of you." I shrugged and the sad expression on her face went away. Which meant she was taking in the advice.

She wiped her face with her hand. "I really appreciate this. We'll be gone in the morning. Imma take him to my mama and go back to my dorm."

"Stay as long as you like. And you sure you'll be alright?" I asked, because I know when Kentrell and Chris both put their hands on me, it really effected me.
Speaking of Chris, who knows what the hell he's up to. I'm just glad I don't have to see him no more. He put me through hell and if it wasn't for me, my dad would've killed him. And I'm not even playing.

"Yeah i'm okay." She got more comfortable on the couch. I got up and went to the closet and grabbed a blanket. I came back out and gave it to her. She thanked me and placed the blanket over her.

"I'll see y'all in the morning." I smiled.

"Okay. Thank you again."

"Of course."

I headed down the hall and into my room. I took off my clothes and only left off my bra and panties. I laid down on my side and pull the cover up to my chin.

Before I could go to sleep, I let my mind wander and my thoughts took over.

I really couldn't wait for the baby to get here. But I was kind of upset because I wasn't even stable for a child at the moment. I didn't even have a job and I'm damn sure gone make sure Kentrell help out ion give a damn what he got going on.
Which reminded me that tomorrow I needed to go job hunting ASAP. I need to have a side account with the money for my baby.

I want to be highly prepared for when he or she gets here. I don't want to have to ask my mama for money or shit like that. Me and my baby gone be independent. All we need from everybody is love, patience, and care. But it is my. umber one priority to make sure my baby straight.

Then I started to think about Zay. It wasn't normal for us to not talk. I know that brothers and sisters get into fights all the time but it shouldn't last this long. This is getting out of hand. He's being stubborn and I wanna talk to him but I feel like he don't want anything to do with me.

Braiden has tried everything to try and make his ass talk to me but every time he does, Zay says no. I even heard that he started dating this girl and Zay always tells me about the girls he date....And he'd tell me how he already know they won't last, he just need the company. And every time he said that I would laugh....Now he's not telling me anything or talking to me.

Then I thought about Cortez. I was definitely going back to see him soon. Maybe tomorrow, depending on how my schedule is. I also wanted to stop by and check on his mom. She seemed like a really nice person and I could tell she had a good heart. Being that me and Cortez close, I wanted to get to know her more.

Finally putting my thoughts in the back of my head, I slipped my hand in my bra, a habit of mine, and went to sleep.