25

Kentrell DeSean Gaulden

"Yeah imma be back tomorrow." I told my mama through the phone. I was sitting in the car while Janae went to get her food.
My mama called me this morning so I called her back but now I was regretting it.

"Kentrell. You doin' too much back and forth out of state. Sit yo ass down and stay in Louisiana."

I rolled my eyes and tapped my finger against the wheel. "Ight Ma." I saw Janae coming out with her food.

"Imma call you back."

"Okay. Be safe. And send me a picture of that baby. I still ain't happy bout that either." She said before I hung up. I ain't wanna hear her bullshit today. Ever since I told her about Janae being pregnant, she been pissed. For some reason she just want me to have one child.
I unlocked the door and Janae got in. She put her seatbelt on and then stuck her hand in the bag and grabbed some fries.

"Lemme get some." I said as I backed out of the parking spot. She smacked her teeth.

"I asked you did you want something and what you said? Exactly. And put yo seatbelt on."

"Ight bet." I shrugged and put my seatbelt on and started driving down the road.

"Since you wanna eat all my damn cereal."

"You still stuck on det?" I chuckled and plugged up my phone to the aux cord.

"Mhmm. And you buying me some mo'." She mumbled. I stuck my hand in my pocket and gave her a wad of cash.

"Take det. Buy all the damn cereal you want."

"I got my own money Kentrell." She put the money in the cup holder and took a bite from her burger.

"So?" I put the money back in her lap and kept driving. "And what made you call her Leah Janae?" I changed the subject before she could give the money back.

She took a sip from her drink and then wiped her mouth. "So Kyasia came up with Leah and I just paired it with Janae because it goes together well."

"Oh. I like it tho."

Her phone started ringing. She sat up a little and pulled her phone from her pocket. I looked to see who was calling her.

Zay🕺🏽💙🔗
would like Facetime....

"Ohhh shit." She whispered loudly and turned the phone to me. I laughed and turned my attention back to the road.

"Don't een answer." I told her.

"But-"

"Don't answer Janae. Damn."

I know her cousin told her to stay the hell away from me, but neither one of us be listening...especially me. If he had a problem I wouldn't mind beating his ass again.

"Fine." She mumbled and let the phone ring. It finally went off and she went back to eating her food.

A couple minutes later we pulled up to the hospital. I parked and we got out. She tossed her trash in the trash and we walked up to the desk. Janae checked us in and led us to elevator and we got on.

I was low key kinda nervous. With Kayden, I was excited. But with Leah, ian know what to expect. I guess cause she got here earlier I knew she was fragile. But that was just more of a reason for me to protect her. My lil princess foreva gone be straight.

"Why you looking like that?" Janae asked me as the elevator doors opened. I just shrugged and followed her down the long hallway.

She finally stopped at a door. There was a blackboard on the wall and it said Gaulden on it. Janae put her hand under the hand sanitizer dispenser and rubbed the hand sanitizer over her hands. She looked at me and bucked her eyes at me.