53

Kentrell

I saw Janae lookin' confused after I dapped up J. I figured she was fuckin' wit dude. I ain't fell no type of way bout it cuz I mean... we both moved on and shit. He was a coo nigga tho, already knew dude back when I was in Houston. Wanted me to listen to his music. We was supposed to link up in the studio but we ain't neva make it happen.

"Okay um... Jackson this is—"

"I know who he is Nae. You act like he don't post his kids all the damn time." He joked. "Plus, we know each other so we cool."

She nodded but was still looking lost. "Wait. So... You knew about him being Leah's dad?"

He shrugged. "Yeah but I ain't wanna say nothing to you about it until you was ready to tell me."

Errbody was quiet now.  I looked at Janae until we made eye contact. I nodded my head towards the do' and she rolled her eyes and walked out. I followed behind her and we stood on the porch. I closed the do' and put my hands in my pocket.

"Whatchu lookin' like dat fo'?" I asked her. She shrugged wit her arms folded. I leaned against the railing on the porch and pulled her to me. "It's sumn. So tell me."

"I just find it crazy that y'all know each other. And he never said anything the whole time."

"Cuz...that's weird." I squinted at her.

"How?"

I smacked my teeth and rested my hands on her lower back. "Hell ion know. Shit... Maybe he was tryna be respectful. He did say he wanted you to be ready to tell him. It woulda been weird if he was like, 'Aye I know Leah pops, we cool. Youngboy ain't it?. He prolly was tryna get to know you first."

"Okay I get it." She rolled her eyes.

I watched her play wit her fingers and she had her mouth twisted to the side. I already knew she was prolly feelin' J. And if she wasn't, she would eventually.

"Aye. I'm coo witchu fuckin' wit him. He cool peoples."

She looked at me. "Whatchu mean?"

"You know what the hell I mean."

"It's not like that. We friends."

"Mannn." I smacked my teeth. "Get the hell on. Eventually y'all gone be fuckin wit each otha'. I put money on it. But you heard me?"

"Yeah yeah." She rolled her eyes.

"So you good?"

She nodded. I smirked and gripped her ass and moved out the way real quick befo' she could hit me.

"You play too much." She told me while I opened the do'. She followed me back in the house and i to the livin' room. Everybody was watchin' the game or talkin'.

"DADDY!"

I turned around and Leah was running towards me at full speed. She ran into my legs and hugged me hella tight. I picked her up and tickled her.

"I thought you was sleep. And what the he... What you got on yo mouth." I corrected my self.

"ICE CWEAM!" She yelled.

"Ice cream? Can I get some?"

"Mhmm." She nodded. I put her down and she grabbed my hand. "It dis way." She told me. I shook my head at how grown she was.

J and his lil boy was in the kitchen too. So we jus' chilled in thea' wit them.

––
Janae

"I peeped you and ya baby daddy." Nique sipped the apple juice she had in a wine glass. Ky just side eyed me and looked away with a smile.

"What you mean?" I asked, honestly confused about what they were talking about.