39

Janae Iyana Taylor

It was about 9:30 the next morning and I was on the couch, texting my mama to let her know we were fine and keeping up with my lie. She was still sold on it so I wasn't worried about it.

Leah was wide awake in her swing and was looking around. Cash was running around doing whatever he wanted. I ain't have time to be chasing his lil ass.

My phone started ringing and I figured it was my mama. I grabbed it off the coffee table and looked at the screen.

Incoming Call From....
Bro💚3️⃣

I answered. "Yeah what's up?"

"Let us up. We outside."

I got up and looked for Cash to put him in his cage. "We as in who?" I questioned and picked Cash up who was playing with his toys.

"Me, Jay, 10, and Joe."

I rolled my eyes. I ain't know why they felt like they could just pop up whenever like this was they house. "Ight."

I hung up and put Cash in his cage. I pressed the button on the side of the elevator to let them in and sat on the couch. A few seconds later, I heard the ding of the elevator.

"Lil sis?" I heard Three call out.

"In here."

They all came in the living and spoke and sat down. Three automatically reached for Leah. "Uhn uhn, hand sanitizer."

I pointed to the bottle on the table and he smacked his teeth and got some and then came back to get Leah.

"So....What y'all here for?" I asked and looked at all of them.

"....When the last time you heard from him?"

I knew who he was referring to and I rolled my eyes. "Like 2 or 3 something in the morning. Came in here making a ass of noise like he right."

"Oh....well imma keep it short. He got arrested last night."

I sighed and shook my head. "For the Kingston bullshit?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

I wasn't sure how shit was gonna turn out. But I knew that attempted murder charges could put him behind bars for sometime....Unless you beat the charges or take a plea deal for the other charges.

"We meeting at his mama house....Be thea' by 5."

"Who said I was coming?"

I knew I haven't met his mama yet but I wanted it to be more...official. Like with him there. Cause I had a feeling she wasn't gonna be easy on me.

"Like I said...Be thea' by 5." He responded and handed Leah to me. "We out."

They all left, leaving me to decide if I really was gone show or not.

Few hours later

Okay so boom bitch. I'm here.

I was waiting on Nique and Ky because I ain't wanna go in by myself. So I was still sitting my car, holding Leah cause she had been whining.

I looked up and Jay was coming my way. I groaned and turned my head away from him. I already wasn't really comfortable being in the neighborhood. So of course I didn't wanna get out and he wasn't go make me.

He tapped on my window and I ignored him. "Getcho ass out." I shook my hand and he pulled at the door handle and of course it was unlocked.

"C'mon bruh. Ain't nobody finna play witchu."