Chapter 48 - 19th of December

Its been four days since the beginning of the holidays and its officially time to start preparing for yule in three days. In the magical world three is a very important number and the number is used for many rituals and spells to make them more powerful, along with seven, eleven and thirteen. So, three days before yule is the when everything has to start. First the decorations have to be made, this is because making the decorations makes them more personal which makes the rituals in the yule celebration more powerful. The first decoration that was being made was the wreaths. These were going to be made out of Holly and Ivy, which are pretty and Rosalie's favourite thing to make. When Percy, Fred and George first found out about making the decorations they were confused, the Weasley family had never celebrated yule before, ever since their parents found out about Christmas from Dumbledore they immediately started celebrating it. This was just after Charlie was born so they had never experienced anything like this before. However as they sat down and started making the wreaths with Rosalie and Draco (who was the only one out of all the children who had ever celebrated yule before) they learned how much fun they had making the decorations instead of buying them and using the same ones every year like their parents did. They ended making about 50 wreaths to decorate around the manor, even though most of the things used to make them ended up all over the floor or over everyone else, which really should've been the obvious outcome, the twins were helping after all.

Next they were making Pine Garlands to hang from the fire place which were going to be made out of boughs of pine and holly, and rosemary and mistletoe, and obviously ribbons to tie it with. They all had a lot of fun making these as, talking and joking with each other like their families have been mortal enemies for generations. It was surprising how well Percy and Draco got along, Rosalie had thought with how different their personalities were they would get along with each other the worst out of everyone, but they were having a very intellectual conversation, which shouldn't really surprise Rosalie as Draco and Percy were two of the smartest people she had ever met.

While they were making the decorations, the adults were picking the vegetables that were going to be in the yule fast. It was lucky that they had magic, as it made things like growing your own food easier, as you could grow them at any time of year as long as you had the right greenhouses and knew the right spells to grow them. For the vegetables all you had to do was know the sunlight spell and water them everyday and then you can grow them, if you have enough space. Although they could have got the house elves to pick the vegetables, Remus felt that it was more personal to pick them themselves, much to Sirius' dismay, who hated getting his hands dirty unless it was absolutely necessary, and according to Remus it was. Lucky for Lucius, he had meetings all day so was able to get out of helping them, unlike Narcissa who was nearly crying as she helped, but as the Malfoys were joining them for the yule celebration they had to help in some way.

When they had finished picking all the vegetables, the adults decided they were going to help make the last of the decorations, which was the pinecone and cinnamon door hangers. They had decided they were going to make one for every door that was constantly used, which was a lot. It included the front door, the back door, and all the bedrooms that were used, as well as the door of the house elf quarters. Even though they had started making all the decorations at 9am it was still 5pm when they had finally finished doing everything and even though they had been sitting down for most of the day only really getting up to eat or bathroom breaks everyone was still exhausted. When Lucius walked through the bright green flames of the floo it was a complete disaster, there was twigs and different leaves in everyone's hair and everyone was laying on the floor, even though there was many different chairs about two steps away from them. Lucius just closed his eyes and prayed for his sanity. At around 6pm it was time for dinner making the twins cheer and run to the dining room, Sirius and Rosalie not far behind them, the others just rolled their eyes at how childishly they were acting, except Draco who wanted to the same thing but knew that his mother was on the verge of crying from how he looked at the moment and him running in the house would set her off, and Draco didn't know if he could deal with that.

After a wonderful dinner, they returned to the informal living room, which was now spotless, thanks to the diligent work of the house elves. The conversation was light and everyone had a great time together. Not realising right across the country a very different atmosphere was occurring.

Hogwarts: about 2:30pm   

Dumbledore had called the Weasleys and Hermione away from their holidays to have a chat. He had called them at the beginning of the holiday but the Weasleys couldn't leave Romania without Charlie and Arthur getting suspicious so they couldn't leave until this moment as Charlie and Arthur went to have some father, son bonding time, Hermione was just waiting for the Weasleys to be free as well, as she was able to come a anytime. When they arrived Ron and Hermione were immediately on edge. The stony look on the usually friendly and open face of the headmaster made them both flinch and stare at the ground. Neither of them really knew what they had done to earn his wrath but they must have done something and they were terrified of angering him more so they both decided to stay quiet and let him speak.

Dumbledore felt his irritation spike as soon as he saw them, they had really messed up all of his plans so far. He grit his teeth and prepared to lay into them for how useless they were, but before he could he tried to smile kindly at Molly and annoying little brat Ginny. Her squeaky little voice annoyed him the most, and her nonstop chatter about how her and Rosalie Potter were going to be the best of friends made him want to curse her. After greeting them he turned his eyes towards Ron and Hermione. He could see them shaking in fear and it made him want to cackle, the smell of their fear was absolutely delicious.

Dumbledore breathed in deeply before it started. He exploded.

"WHAT IN MERLINS NAME HAVE YOU TWO BEEN DOING, I ASKED YOU TO DO ONE SIMPLE TASK. BEFRIEND POTTER, BUT YOU TWO USELESS FOOLS ARE TO INCAPABLE TO EVEN DO THAT AND NOW YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING" after that Dumbledore was bright red and Ron and Hermione were visibly shaking, there was even little whimpers escaping past their lips. When neither of them answered, Dumbledore sent them his most deadly glare, which finally made Hermione try to stutter out a response.

"I-I its just. sh-he. w-we um" She tried to speak but she looked like she was about to cry, which made Ron step in.

"Its just that, we thought she would be in Gryffindor and I don't really want to hang around with a slimy Slytherin, an...." As Ron continued speaking Dumbledore's eyes narrowed dangerously. Fury entered his eyes as he continued, "how dare you, I don't care if she's a Slytherin, you need to befriend her so she can be under our control" he hissed furiously. "Both of you need to do better and if you don't there will be dire consequences, is that understood", both of them nodded rapidly, before getting up and practically running to the fireplace to floo out.

As this was going on Molly and Ginny stood against the wall shaking in fear, not speaking so that Dumbledore wouldn't notice them. They quickly left after Ron and Hermione leaving Dumbledore alone in his office, with just Fawkes.

When they left Dumbledore stood up and began pacing the small length of his office. "How am I supposed to get the Potter girl to behave, she's to unpredictable, especially ever since she's been living with that filthy werewolf and that dirty mutt, they used to be good, they've gone to the dark now, they need to be eliminated soon or they are going to destroy all my plans" Dumbledore was muttering to himself, thinking that no one would be able to hear his plans, as the only one who was in the office with him was his trusted familiar, Fawkes. However unknown to Dumbledore Fawkes did not like what he was hearing, Dumbledore used to be good and helped people in need. That was until he defeated Grindewald, everyone looked to him for guidance and looked at him with admiration. The power that he got went to his head and he turned cruel and did many terrible things, but Fawkes honestly believed that he could change, he truly thought that he wouldn't do this to a child.