XXXVIII | Ugly confession

I saw his expressions turning from cheerful to disappointed to

I saw his expressions turning from cheerful to disappointed to...cold.

Again, because of me.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Raemin

"Ugh! I-I'm so sorry Raemin...T-that was-I, uh didn't think..." Daniel trailed.

I somehow knew that his intentions weren't wrong and well, nothing could be done about it.

His cheeks were rosy red, eyes glistening with excitement to hear an answer, but I couldn't focus on any of that.

My mind couldn't afford to think of an answer and I put my hands on both of his shoulders gently, "D-daniel...I'll come later, okay?"

I could see his expressions faltering but I couldn't care less. Feeling the guilt rushing in but I knew, it wasn't enough to change anything.

Ignoring everything, I quickly ran after Taehyung.

My vision was already blurry as my heart stammered against my ribcage.

I spotted him not so far, talking to his teammates with a sense of dominance surrounding him.

Easy there, Raemin.

I took small, diminutive steps towards them and stopped there awkwardly. Mark was the first one to notice as he elbowed the shorter man about my presence and like that, everyone's attention was on me.

Except him.

Not a minute had passed, and all of them had slowly taken their leave, leaving me and him alone. I was glad and scared at the same time.

How this boy could make me feel a thousand emotions at once?!

"T-tae-" I breathed, doubting if my voice even reached his ears.

"V." He growled, making me shudder even more than before.

His hard gaze stopped at my face and for a minute, I felt the feelings that I had been hiding in for so long, begging to be let out.

I knew this wasn't worth it, he wasn't worth it.

But then, I recalled...

Sometimes, it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts.

"Tae," I started again, weaker than before but determined than ever, "From the day...you hugged me, to the day we shared the rice-cake, to the day I met the real you and...to the day we kissed, each and every day...the deeper and harder I fell for you."

A laugh escaped from my mouth as I tried to suppress my trembling voice and sound brave- what I very much wasn't in the moment, "The way your eyes shine when you're excited, like a million-heck billions of stars in the galaxy. The way your diamond-like mole below your eyes makes you always stand out, a-and the way you manage to deliver your heavy voice into something so heavenly that it makes me astounded that you...a person like you, exists!"