Associate of the Adipose : Episode Two

"Doctor!" Stacy yelled looking up at the Adipose ship.

The blue levitation beam was flickering off.

"We're going to fall!" Max yelled.

"Waaah," the Adipise cried on his shoulder as he pointed his sonic at the ship.

"Something is interfering with the levitation beam, another force on this planet," the Doctor yelled. "I'm trying to block the interference. It's too strong!"

"We're at least 50 feet high," Stacy screamed. "We'll die!"

"There's nothing I can do!" The Doctor yelled as the beam flashed off and they all fell.

The Doctor violently hit his sonic.one more time firing a thin green lazer at the mothership.

The beam flashed back on when they were mere inches away from the floor.

They then continued rising up to the mothership.

"Suddenly I dont like this beam anymore," Stacy panted.

"I think I'm going to need a fresh pair of underwear," Max joked with relief.

They flew up through a circular hole in the ship and then a floor appeared beneath them.

The beam flashed off and they fell onto the floor.

"Waaah," the Adipose broke the silence as they all got to their feet.

"I think it's about time we find.out why we're here," the Doctor opened the door leading into a corridor.

As they walked down the corridor, they went past Adipose play areas with Adipose playing on swings, slides and see saws.

The Adipose on the Doctors shoulder gave a final wave as they strode past the final play area and came to a giant door.

"Is the size necessary?" Max asked as he looked up at the massive enterance.

"That question is answered simple enough, when you meet the mother," the Doctor answered as the door opened with great speed (considering the size).

"Hellwah Doctwah," the mother spoke as Stacy and Max gasped at her size.

"Hello," the Doctor smiled at her. "Which of the 4 Adipose motherships is this?"

"Thwah Thward," the mother answered. "Wahnd wah liwike to thwink wof thwem wahs nurserwahs."

"The Third, I have to say I love your facilities," the Doctor smiled.

"I wahthank wou Doctwah," the mother nodded her massive head. "I wahm glwahd wou wareh hewah."

"If you dont mind me asking," the Doctor bit his lip. "Why are we here?"

"We hwahve bween expwieriwahncing technicwahl interfwerwahnce, affwected bwy a fworce welsewahre won thwah plwahnet," the mother explained.

"We were affected by some of that interference. It affected the levitation beam as we were coming up, we could've died," the Doctor sighed.

"Wahit, hwas nwever affwected thwah levitwation bweam bwefore," the mother looked confused.

"Maybe it was targeted," the Doctor thought to himself. "If the thing causing the interference knew me, it might have wanted me out of the way. Interesting"

"Won wour fwiles, wahit sways wou hwelp wahth thweats. As thwis cwould bwe a thweat, cwan wou hwelp wahus."

"I can never refuse an ask for help, especially when it's that polite," the Doctor smiled and then realised those words he had said before.