Ressurection of the Dead : Episode One

After the memorial service, James decided he wanted to visit his grand-fathers grave.

So he did.

Alone at 6:40 PM he went to visit his grand-fathers grave.

The sunset made the old church look like a silhouette on the landscape.

Slowly, the church gate creaked open and James entered the graveyard.

As he walked past the war memorials and the other graves of the deceased he kept on seeing things move out the corner of his eye.

Finally, he arrived at the chiseled granite stone.

"Hey Grandad," James tried to stop himself from crying. "We're all trying to stay strong. Dont worry, we'll look after Grandma." He gulped. "I'm sorry, I dont really know what to say. I cant believe you're gone. One minute you're so full of life and the next you're lying in a casket."

Then James noticed something strange, stuck to the bottom of the granite.

A red, organic hexagon, and a light was flashing at the centre of it.

James leant forward to touch it before he heard a voice from behind him.

"James?" His Grandad was stood behind him.

"What?" James stood up and wiped the tears of his young teenage face. "How are you here, you-"

"I'm dead?" His grandad laughed. "Well you're Grandad is yes."

"Why are you addressing yourself in the 3rd person," James asked.

"Im not your grandad," the figure smiled sadistically.

"But you must be," James backed away down the graveyard. "Who else would you be?"

"That is the question," the figures advanced on James and began to chase him. "That is the question."

* * *

At 9:35 AM the next morning, a strange noise could be heard by the church.

The Tardis mateirialised beside the old church walls in front of the war memorials and the Doctor, Stacy and Max stepped out.

"Oh this is Britain," Stacy felt the cold breeze. "You can just tell."

"Cant you just," the Doctor laughed as he looked up at the tall church spire. "Lovely church."

"Should we go inside?" Max suggested.

"We can see if its open," the Doctor nodded as they started to walk around the church to the doors. "Some churches close because of vandals and theifs."

"Its disgusting that people would do that in such a sentimental place," Stacy shook her head.

"Some people are just like that arent they," Max bit his lip as they arrived at the doors.

The Doctor tried the doors and they clicked open. "Seems we're lucky."

They creeped into the church and examined the large building.

"Its beautiful," Stacy looked at the stained glass windows in awe.

"Look," Max pointed at a calendar. "2006.

"Well noticed," the Doctor whispered. "Anyone home?"

"Hello," a blind man walked out from an office in the wall. "Hello?"

"Hello," the Doctor approached the elderly vicar. "How do you do?"

"Well enough I guess," the vicar greeted them.