Joy

Note: This is my first ever chapter so it will probably be terrible. Moderate swearing and angst involved.

I just got off of an exhausting job shift. As a high school soccer coach, many things were required, both mentally and physically. I'm 25 years old. If you're wondering how I'm able to coach at such a young age, it helps that my dad laid down a strong foundation for me. We had just won a tough game that puts us in pole position to advance to the knockout stages as a high seed. It was around 8:00 PM and I was exhausted. Even though I wasn't the one playing my heart out, I was very busy berating the referee for a number of poor calls. I was also busy screaming in happiness at every goal we scored. Anyway, overall, good, but exhausting day. As I'm driving back home, I get a call from Joy, someone I am very close too. Someone I've known for a long time. 10 years to be exact. I answer the call, "Hello?"

"Come pick me up from the restaurant you dropped me off at please."

"Sounds good. How'd it go?"

"I'll tell you later." She ends the call. Lately, she had been seeing this one dude for about 2-3 months now. He gave off playboy vibes, but I didn't tell her that. I let her risk it.

Turns out I shouldn't have.

I pull into the restaurant to see Joy looking extremely downcast. I get out of the car and walk towards her. I ask her, "You good?" Wordlessly, she shakes her head. Something was up. This isn't the Joy I know. She gets in the car, but in the backseat, and not next to me. I begin panicking, but I try not to show it. The only words exchanged were about whose apartment we are going to. After that, it's a silent drive to my apartment. I find a parking space and pull into it. We get out of the car and walk to my apartment. Before we enter, however, I stop Joy.

"Spill. What's going on?"

"Nothing, (Y/N). I'm fine."

"You're clearly not. What happened?" "Absolutely nothing. I'm ok. Now please, drop the subject."

"We're not entering until you tell me why you're like this."

"I said, drop it! I'm. Fine." This took me by surprise. She usually wasn't one to raise her tone, nor speak in such a harsh tone. Instinctively, I put my hand on her back and rub it in a comforting way. She didn't try to shrug it off, much to my shock. I pull her into a hug and ask, more gently, "Joy, are you ok? You know I'm here for you whenever you need it." The only response I get is a face full of tears.

As I pull a sobbing Joy into my apartment, I ask, "What's wrong?"

"I don't get it. I don't fucking get it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why do I feel this way? This is the third time in a month that I've been cheated on? Why? WHY?!?!?" She breaks down uncontrollably again. I pull her into a hug and whisper, "It's gonna be ok. It's gonna be ok. Just let it all out. You know I'm here for you." However, in my head I'm thinking, "What did I fucking tell you?" As she cries in my shoulder, I can't help but feel pained and guilty. I can't control her life but I feel like I wasn't there for her when it mattered. God I'm a mess...she clearly doesn't like me back so I need to continue to be that emotional support. However, Joy's thinking, 'I'm having a relationship to get over my feelings for you. Just admit you dumbass I know you want to!'

Her sniffles slowly come to a halt and the soft, even sounds of her breath are heard. 'God damn  it she cried herself to sleep...' I pick her up and carry her to the bed we shared many times before (not in that way). She often spent the night at my house due to conflict with her parents. Her job payed well, but it was messing with her mentally. As I laid her down, I snuggled next to her and let myself go to sleep. But as I did, I swear I heard Joy say, "I love you." It was probably in a platonic way anyway.

The following morning, I woke to find Joy on top of me and peacefully sleeping. Arms under me and legs wrapped around me, I'm surprised she didn't feel anything protruding during the night. I had to find a way to get out of bed without waking her up. But then I was like "fuck it." I slowly untangle myself from her grasp. It was difficult, but I manage  to escape without causing too much commotion. In place of me, I give her some pillows to hold on to so she wouldn't be grasping thin air in an awkward position. I wind up and yell

"PARK SOOYOUNG GET YOUR ASS UP!!!!" Her eyes opened straight away and she was breathing heavily

"PARK SOOYOUNG GET YOUR ASS UP!!!!" Her eyes opened straight away and she was breathing heavily. "Huh? What? Who...oh you bitch..." I laugh as she chases me around my apartment.

"You're lucky I love you otherwise I would've beat your ass by now."

"Oh please, you know I'm too fast for you Joy."

"God I hate you."

We laugh together as we walk out of the bedroom. "Didn't know you were that clingy Joy." I love to tease her and I knew she would get flustered about last night. Sure enough, she blushes heavily and replies, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Mm-hmm. Tell that to the pillows you were grabbing thinking they were me."

This results in me being punched and an extremely embarrassed Joy. "I'm just joking...*whispers* ish...anyway, what do you want for breakfast?" She ponders for a while, then responds, "Waffles. But don't burn them this time."

"Look I was busy; I was stressing over the rivalry game."

"There was no need to. You beat them 4-1." 

"They've won state 4 out of the past 5 years."

"...Fine. You win. Jut please make us breakfast already. I'm hungry."

"I'm on it. Want to help or rest for your job?"

"I'll rest for a little. Last night drained my energy."

"Sounds good."

Breakfast goes smoothly. I have no idea what to put here so...here's a random picture of my ult.

After breakfast, Joy proceeds to get changed for her job

After breakfast, Joy proceeds to get changed for her job. When she comes out, she asked me, "How do I look?" I look at her. White sneakers, jeans, a denim jacket over a tight, black t shirt. Simple, yet stunning. "Still don't know why you still have this job...you look great. Knock (knock) them dead Joy."

"I will, and this job pays good, ok? I'll see you later. Love you!" "Love you too!" We embrace as she walks to her car. As I close the door, I sigh. 'When can I confess...?'

What a mess that was. Little short, I know, but I don't know how to write for extended periods of time. I would like to write longer chapters, but idk how. Thank you to Vorrentis for inspiring me to write. Go check his stuff out it's amazing.