𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟺: 𝚁𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛

Pein's POV

"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Pein heard the painful and heart wrenching scream coming from where he had killed Jiraiya. He turned back waiting to see if Naruto would come, but he didn't.

"Pathetic insect.." He said as paper began coming together next to him.

His partner Konan appeared right by him looking in the same direction but with narrowed eyes.

"Why not kill the boy now?" She asked him.

Pein just stared off in the distance. "It'd be a waste of time." He responded and she looked at him.

"I'll kill him right now.." She said but Pein grabbed her wrist, his rinnegan eyes staring deep into her amber eyes.

"The boy shall know pain. Me, and you both know that. We'll make him feel it till the day he starts begging for death.." Pein said to her.

He released his grip on her wrist and began walking the opposite direction. "Lets go.." He ordered and Konan sighed and obeyed.

As worried as she was, she'll just have to trust her partner's words. "And Konoha??" She asked.

Pein stopped in his tracks and turned to her again with the same emotionless pierced face.

"In a mere two days we'll crush that village and leave nothing behind but dust. Jiraiya talked bravely about peace. But those who don't know pain will never know true peace.." He said and walked further into the woods.

"Don't do anything foolish.." Konan responded.

"We already are..." He responded as he disappeared into the woods and Konan turned into a bunch of papers, not leaving a trace behind.

Time Skip..
Sasuke's POV

"He's gotten stronger.... I'll give him that.."

"Still the risk he took almost ended terribly.."

Sasuke heard voices in the room he was in. He slowly opened his eyes to be faced with the ceiling. He also felt a headache overcome him as he groaned in pain.

"Wait.. I think he's waking up..." He heard a feminine voice say.

He held his head with his palm as he slowly sat up. He looked around to see flowers by him and four people in the room.

Tsunade, Sakura, Hinata, and Kakashi. They all had worried looks. Sasuke noticed he was in a hospital bed as he heard beeps from the monitor next to him.

He tried his best to memorize all the things that had happened. His eyes almost widened.

He killed Itachi....

He killed his brother like he said he would.

Tsunade walked over to him, she wanted to yell badly but she was in a down mood. Not because of what Sasuke did, but something else.

"How long have I been out?" Sasuke asked them.

"A day... that battle with your brother took a toll on your body. It took both Sakura and Tsunade-sama to heal you.." Kakashi answered back.

Tsunade sat next to the boy with a frown on her face. It didn't take an idiot to notice her mood was different than it usually is. "Tsunade-sama, is something wrong?" He asked.

In return he got silence from her and the people around him. Kakashi looked down at the ground with his one visible eyes and Sakura and Hinata also frowned.