Chapter 6: Neko

Ever after taking in two people into his apartment room, the day went by peacefully.

Even though Rita's maid outfit was merely just a way to blend in, she acted as if she was his literal maid.

Granted she didn't do much as Alex himself is already some what of a neat freak but Rita definitely helped out when it came to cooking food for herself, Alex, and Kaitlyn.

After learning about her past, Alex knew it was super important to make Kaitlyn feel Sade under his care.

Anyways night had came and Alex was laid down on his bed after Rita and Kaitlyn had both went to sleep in one of Alex's guest rooms.

Alex wondered just how quickly his isolated life changed.

Just a few days ago he was alone.

Now he agreed to house an abused child and a pseudo maid into his apartment.

Even thinking about it more made Alex confused.

"Uni was right." He said as he lied on his side with a small smile.

"Under my introversion, I'm full of sympathy."

After that, Alex slept.

[The Next Day]

As usual, Alex immediately got dressed up and ready to head out first thing in the morning, but, right before he was able to do so, he ended up getting stopped by the maid.

"Um, Rita? I kinda gotta go."

"Your just gonna take off without a proper breakfast? That's a little unhealthy for someone as young as you."

"Rita. Health doesn't matter when I'm on the brink of death daily."

Shockingly Rita picked up Alex as if he was a feather and placed him on the couch.

"Wait here. I'll prepare breakfast so we and Kaitlyn can eat together."

"B-But."

"No buts. And before you say your boss won't like it, I called him earlier and he said he can spare you a few minutes for breakfast."

Alex was shocked that Rita not only knew HQ's number but that Bradley was allowed it to happen.

At that point he gave up on refusing.

"Fine. I'll stay."

"Wonderful. Now go wake Kaitlyn while I cook."

Rita walked into the kitchen as Alex got up and went down the hallway to the guest room the two girls were staying in.

He knocked three times. "Hey Kaitlyn. You there?"

After a bit the door opened to show Kaitlyn up and awake.

'Being up close, her scar looks even worse.' Thought Alex.

"Rita's making breakfast so she told me to fetch you so we all could eat together."

Kaitlyn smiled a bit and held onto Alex's hand leaving the room and closing the door.

Alex took this as a way of accepting so he held her hand and led her to the couch while waiting for Rita to finish.

The two children waited on the couch sitting together as they wait.

Alex could tell this was the happiest Kaitlyn had been in years.

Soon after a bit Rita called the two over as both walked over to eat.

[TimeSkip: Patrol Watch]