Chapter 18: Released

Turns out Alex and Bronya had waken up pretty damn early as they had waited for nearly an hour until Kiana and Mei both showed up in their battlesuits geared up and ready to go.

'I guess that's why they took that long

'I guess that's why they took that long.' Thought Alex as he got up and dusted himself off.

"So, you two finally ready?"

"Yes. Sorry for the delay Alex. I would've been herr earlier, but..." Mei then pointed at Kiana casting the blame on her.

"H-Hey! I said I was sorry okay!? You know I'm a late sleeper!" Shouted the white haired Valkyrie in response.

"Yeah but you had 5 alarms to wake you up. All spaced apart by 5 minutes. NONE woke you up." Said Mei as a counterargument.

At that, Kiana had kept quiet as Alex sighed.

"The Bronya isn't suprised by Idiotka's laziness."

Kiana immediately got up and immediately was face to face with the android and had a stare down.

"Um, are they, okay?" Asked Alex to Mei as the girl giggled a little.

"Yes they're fine Alex. They're always like this."

"I-I see."

After a few more minutes of staring down, Mei walked over and broke it up easily.

'I guess she's also used to this.'

The group of four walked over to the boarding station where Himeko was waiting for the mission debriefing.

"Seems you three are finally ready. Apologies if you weren't expecting this Alex."

"It's fine. I'm used to sudden mission anyways."

"Excellent. For a second I was worried cause it was my idea." Said the red head with a chuckle.

'Of course it was her idea.' Alex mentally cursed out Himeko.

"Anyways, listen up you three. Alex will be your guest partner for today so make sure he doesn't get majorly harmed under our care. We have a partnership to keep safe."