Chapter 8: False and Hope

"Admin. Got a sec?"

Alex had just remembered the book was in his room as Kaitlyn forgot to draw over it that night.

"Yes Alex?"

"Probably a stupid question, but, how many pages do you have?"

"I've been asked that by my previous holders many times. Truth is, I'm endless. I keep record of the entire world in time. In my pages I can go from the beginning of time to right now at this moment. Even as I speak, my lines continue to write."

"Damn. Then, why aren't you as thick as a damn Harry Potter book?"

"Even though my page count increases, my size doesn't as my line always perfectly merge into a page the more I write."

Alex was impressed with how the book worked 24/7 and didn't suffer any issues once Kaitlyn stayed away.

"Alex. I, wanna apologize for mentioning your mother a few days ago. It was inappropriate of me to do so."

"No it's okay. It was just the first time in years anyone ever referred my mom. I'm way over it."

"Good. Now go to bed. Rest is important."

"Who do you think I am? Joker?"

"Sleep now. No one's gonna get that joke."

"Fine fine. Night." Alex laid on his bed and slept soundly.

[Next Day]

After a nice breakfast, Jackie had left to do some important business.

How she still had some was unknown to Alex but he just accepted it.

Besides, after constant begging Alex and Rita finally agreed to take Kaitlyn to the park so she could play around with other kids.

So after getting her ready and Rita dressing her up, the three walked out of Alex's apartment room.

Luckily they agreed on today as Bradley had given Alex the day off.

The three walked down the street and while the other people gave Rita formal nod and Kaitlyn a happy smile, pretty much all of them gave Alex hateful and mean glares.

Alex just shrugged it off as he was used to it.

Kaitlyn paid no mind and didn't notice though Rita definitely did.

She had no idea that what Alex was forced to do would make so many people hate him.

She didn't understand why as he basically is THE reason the nation still stands today.

"Pay no mind Rita. I'm used to this all the time."

She nodded and continued walking, though still very worried that it could end up being physical.

Thankfully though they made it to the park with no issues aside from Alex nearly punching an adult man as he got a little to harsh with showing his hate. Thankfully Rita's scythe had easily scared the man away.

At the park Alex and Rita sat at a bench watching Kaitlyn happily play at the playground.

Rita looked at Alex wondering why he wasn't playing with her.

"Alex. You do realize your only a few months older than Kaitlyn right? Why aren't you playing with her?"

"Sounds a little edgy, but, with what I've been through and the life I live, I've had to keep my child side dormant. Things I enjoyed as a toddler I hardly enjoy now."