Chapter 45: The Opening Act

It was the final stare down.

An ice cold feeling spread through the floor.

This was gonna be ugly as Alex and Ed knew they had to win this fight.

Wrath looked at them with a smile and chuckled a bit. "Well well, it was only obvious it would come down to you two to take me on. The two gifted prodigies."

"We're not here to take compliments." Said Ed.

"I know. Why not make the first move?" Asked Wrath.

"You think we'd fall for that? That's obviously a trap." Said Alex.

Wrath sighed again before looking back at the two. "True you are right. Such a shame that two SHORT are so damn smart."

And just like that, a fuse had been lit.

Except, Alex wasn't the one to snap.

It was Ed as he immediately lunged at Wrath.

"Hey Ed wait! Get back here!"

Ed began with a flurry of punches and kicks as Wrath dodged all the attacks and was about to kick Ed away until Alex hit Wrath's face with a knee.

It sent Wrath crashing back as Alex grabbed Ed and held him back.

"Listen to me. We can't let our emotions get hot right now. We gotta keep a calm mindset."

As Alex was trying to calm Edward down, he looked ahead to see Wrath, pointing a finger gun at Alex and "pulling" the trigger, mocking his Aunt Riza.

Now it was Alex who lost it as he charged at Wrath and went for a punch to the face only for Wrath to catch his hand and knee his gut.

Alex coughed a bit from the hit as Wrath shoved Alex back with Ed catching him.

"And here you were telling me to calm down." Said Ed as he now had to calm down Alex.

Wrath merely laughed. "Come on you two. I can easily get into you guys' heads. Just face it. You two won't be able to land a scratch on me." Said a highly confident Wrath.

After a few seconds to take a deep breath, Alex charged again at Wrath.

Right as Wrath was ready for an attack, Alex suddenly vanished as Ed clapped his hands and placed them on the wall, transmuting it as fist emerged from it and shoved Wrath down the stairs.

At the last second, he immediately knew an attack would come so Wrath pulled out his sword and turned around, blocking a sword swing from Alex who was at the bottom of the stairs for an attack.

The two clashed swords and stalemated for a bit before separating and clashing over and over again.

They stalemated again until Alex backed away.

This confused Wrath unitl he heard something from above. He turned and blocked an attack from Ed as he now had transmitted his right automail metal arm to have a blade.

It was now two on one as Alex and Ed clashed their blades with Wrath as the Homunculi was able to parry all the attacks and even stab back at the two with Alex having small stab wounds and Ed had blood pouring from his head.

And this was all with the eyepatch on.

Wrath wasn't even at full power yet.

Then, in desperate Alex snapped his fingers causing flames to burst toward Wrath as he moved away, barely.

The fire managed to clip the eyepatch causing Wrath to immediately take it off.

Now it got even more serious, as the two young alchemists saw Wrath's Ultimate Eye. His Ouroboros symbol on his right eye.