Chapter 41: Ascending

Thanks to the Dutch and the Irish volunteering to take on Lust and Gluttony, the remaining squad if Alex, Ed, Al, Kiana, Mei, Bronya, and Himeko all continued upward.

Though, not suprisingly, as they made it to the next floor, a noise was heard as Alex snapped his fingers causing fire to burst around the room.

This caused a yelp to be heard as a figure fell from the ceiling.

"Oh! That hurt dammit!" Said the figure who revealed itself to be the Homunculus Envy.

"That was a pretty crappy hiding spot." Said Ed as the others nodded.

"Doesn't matter. Now then, which of you worms are willing to die at the hands of a Homunculus? I'm hoping it'll be you! FullMetal Pipsqueak!" Said Envy with Ed immediately getting pissed.

"THE HELL DID YOU JUST CALL ME!? ALRIGHT THEN! LET ME AT HER!" Shouted Ed before Alex and Alphonse both held in the blonde alchemist back.

"C-Calm down Ed! Please!" Shouted Al.

"Calm down Edward! Listen, we gotta move on!" Said Alex.

As this scuffle happened, from the group stepped out two individuals.

These being the Valkyries Mei Raiden and Bronya Zaychik.

"You five advance. We'll take the charge this time." Said Mei bringing out her sword already coating it in electricity.

"You sure about this?" Asked Alex as Bronya looked and smiled at him.

"Don't worry Subject Alex. The Bronya and Subject Mei will be okay."

Alex chuckled and looked at Himeko. "Your their boss aren't you? Are they gonna be okay?"

"Just cause I'm their boss doesn't mean they can't make their own decisions. They're grown woman. Now let's go."

With that, Alex, Kiana, Himeko, and Al while carrying a still pissed off Ed walked onward to the next floor as Envy stares at his two opponents.

"Two on one huh? Well well, this'll be entertaining." Said a highly confident Envy.

"Bronya. Stay back for support. I'll take the lead." Said Mei.

Bronya nodded and went back at Mei charged at Envy delivering quick and precise slashes and jabs, except Envy being surprisingly agile managed to easily dodge all of them as he kicked Mei away.

As that happaned, Envy noticed a huge blast coming at him as he simply enlarged the size of his arm and placed it infront of him blocking the blast.

It blew his arm off but he managed to tank the hit.

As Envy immediately regenerated his arm back, he looked and saw where the blast came from as Bronya had already had her main weapon, Project Bunny whip out its cannon which was the one who fired the blast.

Envy's arm finished regenerating as he smirked.

"Oh I see. The purple haired one isn't confident in herself that she needs your help. Aren't I right?" Asked Envy.

"T-That isn't tru-!" Before Mei could finish speaking, Envy rushed and kicked her in the gut and tossing her away.

"Your the real threat." Said Envy as he stared down Bronya."

Bronya coldly stared at Envy not showing any emotion or saying anything.

She held a hand out as the cannon began to charge up.

Envy gave no time and immediately charged and attacked Bronya.

Bronya thanks to her simple movement moved away immediately as the cannon charged up more.