Chapter 22: Eve Of The Party

"W-What?"

"You heard me silly." Plutia said and giggled a little afterwards. "We're throwing you a birthday party."

"Why? First off, how do you even know when my birthray is? I never told anyone. Not even Uni."

"Um. Uni told me she had asked Roy so he told her."

'Of course Uni asked Roy." Thought Alex knowing how easy it was to get info out of Roy.

"Anyways, youe party is almost done. So enjoy the rest of today."

Plutia smiled one last time before turning around and walked away.

Alex watched this and looked at his Alex plush Plutia had given him.

He chuckled and sighed.

"Oh well. No use going against it."

He held onto the plush and walked away from the makeshift grave and walked back to his apartment

Along the way, Alex kept thinking back to the vision he had when he was sleeping.

That person, who ever it was, it felt ominously familiar.

It gave Alex massive amounts of doubts it. As if it wasn't bad enough that Admin Book made Alex doubt whether or not his mother was dead or not.

Alex swore it felt like his head was about to burst at just all of the thinking he was going through.

Had he been lied to his whole life?

It was a question that would stick with him for now.

He eventually made it back to his apartment to an immediate hug from Kaitlyn and a nice greeting from the maid.

"Welcome back Alex. Kaitlyn's been waiting for you." Said Rita as Kaitlyn nodded.

"Really? What for?"

"I wanna tell you Happy Birthday!"

'Is everyone now asking Roy about my birthday!?'

"Um, it's tomorrow Kaitlyn."

"Yeah but Uni told us that you'd be busy at the party so I figured I'd tell you today!"

"Thank tou Kaitlyn. I appreciate it."

Kaitlyn had a wide smile and hugged Alex more as Rita giggled at this display.

"So sweet to see two children like this."

"Rita in less than 24 hours I'm gonna be a teenager. A young one but still a teen."

"Then why don't we go out? Make your last day as a child memorable?"

Alex thought about it for a sec. He honestly didn't have any plans so he went with it.

"Sure. I'd like that."

"Splendid. Let me go ask Jackie if she'd like to come."

Though, the moment Rita had turned around to ask, Jackie was suddenly at the door.

"I heard hang out with my cat ears and I IMMEDIATELY was in. Let's go!"

Jackie immediately went outside without a care as the three watched.

"Is Jackie okay?" Asked Kaitlyn.

"Yeah she is. She's been real energetic since she reclaimed Base Kamno." Said Alex.

"She just wants to move on and live her life now." Said Rita in response.

The three eventually walked off and tried to catch up to Jackie.