Chapter 46: The Last Dance

Wrath pulled out two swords and charged at Alex as he dodged out of the way of the sword swings.

Alex went for a punch as Wrath blocked it and jumped away.

"Isn't it just poetic?" Said Wrath standing up. "Aside from Bradley I taught you everything Flame Alchemy. A master versus protege moment."

Wrath had a smirk and chuckled. "If only the protege could have a chance at winning. Which he won't!"

The two charged and went backforth with Alex dodging sword swings and Wrath dodging punches and kicks.

The two then separated again as neither had much energy left to spare after being upfront in the grenade explosion.

"There's something rather comforting about facing death like this at the hands of a family member. Wouldn't you agree Alex? After all, you just went through this with your father."

Wrath then slowly walked forward.

"It's all that matters. Death. Nothing else even seems to exist, aside from my pure instinct to survive. Life. Personal history and birth. Race. Sex. The name given to you. It's all meaningless. This is the only thing that's real. To fight on behalf on my own life and nothing else. I've never felt so completele. Not even when I was in Bradley's body."

Wrath stop walking as he chuckled. "I guess you can say I finally arrived."

Wrath slowly walked and then jumped at Alex with a sword swing.

Alex moved out of the way and used alchemy to send debris and rubble at Wrath.

Wrath blocked each piece with his swords as then charged at Alex delivering quick precise strikes.

He attempted to use both swords only for Alex block them, leading to Wrath slamming his head against Alex as they were face to face.

"What's wrong!? Don't tell me that's all you got Alex Mustang! Is it!? Cause that's no where near good enough!"

Wrath kicked Alex away in the gut as he tumbled back.

Alex regained his footing immediately as Wrath pointed a sword ar him.

"The only chance you have is to destroy me and Roy's body! Now fight for real Alex Mustang!"

Those words set off a clip as in a sudden second, Wrath felt his left shoulder in pain as Alex used alchemy to break it and cause a wound.

Wrath retaliated as he cut the left sleeve off of Alex's coat.

Alex went for another punch only for Wrath to block it, and separate a bit before using both swords and slashed both of Alex's shoulders.

Tons of blood poured as Alex groaned and held in a scream of pain.

Right as Wrath was about to attack again, he felt his body give out for a bit as he opened his mouth and coughed up a pool of blood.

Thanks to that, Alex grabbed one of Wrath's swords and shattered it in half with alchemy.

Wrath saw this and threw away the handle, grabbing the broken blade itself and pinned Alex down.

He then stabbed Alex in his left arm which Alex used to block causing more blood to be spilt.

Wrath had one sword left as used it to stab Alex, only for the boy to use his right hand and transmute the ground, as spikes protruded out stabbing Wrath's left arm forcing Wrath to back away and hold the arm in pain.

Alex slowly stood up as he finally spoke during the fight. "Y-You looked surprised. I'd even say shocked." Said the boy as he stood up.

"To be honest, I'm still a little bit suprised myself." He said pulling the sword out of his right arm as he closed his eyes and spoke mentally.