Chapter 37: Tense Emotions

The Hospital

Alex sat on a chair next to Riza's hospital bed.

He hadn't moved there and just stayed there, hoping his aunt would wake up from her possible 10 stab wounds to the back.

He knew it was bad when Weiss has sent Riza to the E.R.

That meant Riza was living on borrowed time at that moment.

So, Alex just waited and waited, refusing to leave.

That was until Akari walked in with Weiss.

"What's the status?" Alex said immediately not looking away from Riza.

"Well..." Said Akari as Weiss continued.

"Your Aunt's okay. Just has very serious spine damage. It isn't life threatning but she definitely went be able to work for months."

Alex nodded and finally sat up. "That's all I needed to know." He said as he left the room.

"H-Hey wait! Don't you wanna say hello to her when she wakes up?" Asked Akari.

"Tell her I said hello." He replied as he simply walked off leaving the hospital.

The Next Day

In Roy's office was Alex and the Elric brothers sitting in chairs and Roy at his desk.

More accurately, Wrath was at the desk.

He simply looked and smirked as Alex kept a neutral face while the Elrics, especially Edward had a shocked face.

"What the hell!?" Shouted Ed.

"Cat got your tongue FullMetal?" Said Wrath chuckling at his remark. "Long story short, I was given a new host and it ended up being the Flame Alchemist."

"Why'd you call us here?" Asked Alex.

"Well, I'm gonna enlighten you three and tell you all some information."

With that, the three all shat up as Wrath cleared his throat.

"The Philosopher's Stone is created by the lifeforce of human beings and contains their souls. Basically, the main ingredient for a Philosopher Stone, is live human sacrifices."

When that was said, it went dead silent as the three young boys all were shocked to their core.

"The stone was injected forcefully into Roy's body, more accurately his veins. Once I was injected into the body, Roy tried to rejected it. His body was repeatedly getting destroyed from the inside out and then got rebuilt by my stone. The only options Roy had, was to die ot accept my power. He choose the latter. To this day, Roy continues to battle against me for control over his body. Of course, he now understands that I'm the one in power now."

As Wrath finished, Alex stood up.

"I know you wanna stay in control, but, just let Roy become human. He isn't gonna lose anything."

Wrath turned to face Alex.

"You suggest that I should let him become human again? Ridiculous. Why would I let him pursue such frivolity? Thanks to me, he's become something far superior, he's just blind to it."

Wrath then sat down.

"Sat as you humans are prideful about your humanity, misguided as it may be, he too should he proud, because we Homunculi take pride in what we are."