Chapter 31: Eve of Anew

December 31st. New Year's Eve

The time was 11:00 A.M.

The time was right.

Alex sighed, sitting on his couch, contemplating and thinking in his head just what was about to happen.

'Everyone's asleep. No one is here to see. This may be the last time I'm awake. The last day I'm alive.'

He placed on a black cloak and got up and walked to the door, leaving the apartment room and walked down the stairs as he made it to the ground.

Unfortunately, he forgot to count for one person.

"Hey."

Alex heard and looked ahead to see Jackie.

"Jackie? What're you doing out so late?"

"I was coming back from Base Kamno. Had to work late and I was allowed to leave only a few minutes ago. What're you doing out here Alex?"

"I, was just gonna go out and..."

"And?"

At this point, Alex just couldn't keep lying.

He had to at least tell one person.

Especially since today was the day.

"Jackie. I'll tell you on one condition."

"What is it?"

"Please. Don't tell my mom."

"I can't tell Lady Akari? Why not?"

Alex breifly explained his past and mainly talked about his father and the massacre.

"So. You thought both your mother and father were dead for the last 6 years?"

"Yeah."

"Well, Lady Akari is alive. I don't see what's wrong with-."

"My father's also still alive." Said Alex cutting off the Neko from speaking.

"O-Oh. That's the bad part."

"Yeah. This, most likely will be suicide. I don't see any way I'll walk away alive and him dead. At the very best, we'll both be dead, and, at the very least, I'll die and he'll live on."

Jackie walked up, and placed a hand on his cheek, giving a comforting smile.

"If you can save me from death, I'm more than positive that you can save yourself and get this done."

"Thanks Jackie."

"Don't worry. You got my back. I'll tell Rita and Kaitlyn to not tell Lady Akari or Ms. Yae."

"Good. I'm heading out."

"Before you do..."

Jackie gave a kiss to Alex's cheek and moved away blushing.

Alex's eyes widened a litte but at this point, he should've expected it.

"T-Thanks for that. I, appreciate it."

"Just don't die. We'll all be waiting for you."

Alex nodded and walked off and away from his apartment.

[TimeSkip. Location: ???]

The walk was long.

Funnily enough Alex lived very close to HQ as his apartment room wasn't that far from the forest HQ was in, but, this time he had to walk past HQ, and go deeper into the forest.