Chapter 24: Broken & Healing

A million thoughts were cramming and rushing into his head.

Just what hellish nightmare could he be experiencing at this moment?

Ther was no possible way his father was still alive and kicking. He vividly remembered slashing his back wide open with his blade.

Alex's father somehow knew his what was happening and just chucked as he let go of his wrist and shoved him down, turning around.

Before he left, all he said was, "New Year's Eve. Me and you, one final time. We'll see if you can finish the job."

With that, he walked off and closed the door also locking it.

That just left Alex, alone at his apartment complex.

He slowly got up and noticed something on the coffee table in front of the couch.

It was a pistol that Jackie must've left behind.

Alex sat on the couch, just thinking and contemplating many things.

His head was bursting more and more by the second with flashed and visions.

It felt like he was about to burst as he hunched over holding his head in pain.

It was similar to when he had heard Yae's name, except this was way more.

This felt like more than just a mirgraine.

As if a thousand burning knives were stabbing into his head one by one and then simultaneously.

In a sudden instant, All Alex saw was just a waning fire, his will of fire, slowly burning away as in a split second, he had the gun loaded and ready, aimed directly at his head.

Unfortunately, Evokers and Personas don't exist here so it was all up to Alex.

In just one easy pull of the trigger, he would've snuffed out his own life.

He had never felt this hopeless before.

He felt his life and world all crashing down.

To think, only seeing the man that had abused him, made his childhood a living hell, and made him committ the massacre, would cause all this mental scarring and damage in just his return.

And he wants a fight too.

Alex's breathing became slow and shaky as he was still attempting to take in what just happened, before he finally snapped.

He was fully ready to shoot as he aimed under his chin, breathing now fast and shaky as he was beginning to Hyperventilate.

As he was about to shoot, somehow, Admin book, glowing as well, was brought forth in front of him as it spoke.

Though, Admin book spoke in a different voice.

A voice he was familiar with, his mother's, as Admin book said, "Alex Mustang. You've made an impact to so many people in the past few months. Right now, your lost without a meaning and purpose. Remember these words. You don't need to be perfect or save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes, all you need is something simple, like someone to care for. And when you care, they'll care."

Alex slowly lowered the handgun hearing the familiar words his mother would always tell him.

After lowering and dropping the gun, Alex slowly fainted and fell down as Admin book sighed now in it's natural voice.

"I may owe her one, but it really helped."

[Next Day]

Alex slowly opened his eyes to having a burning sensation on his head and a wet cloth on his forehead.

He looked over to the left and saw the maid taking care of him as she took notice of him awaking.

"Ah your finally awake." Said Rita as Alex nodded feeling very tired and weak.

"Well, I don't know what you did at your party last night, but you suddenly had a high fever so I immediately went to work caring for you."

Alex was about to tell Rita what had really happened last night but he kept it in as it was personal.

"Thank you Rita. Sorry for partying too much."

The maid simply giggled and smiled. "No need for apologies. Your young and it was youe birthday so it was expected."

Alex sighed and nodded also smiling a little.

"Anyways, once your feeling well enough to move, come down to the dining table so I can prepare your meal."

With that, Rita bowed and excused herself, leaving Alex alone in his room.

As he remembered what had happened last night, he looked over to Admin book who was open filling in its own pages with the current events happening right now.

"Hey, Admin. Got a sec?" Asked Alex is a low voice due to the fever.

"Yes. What do you need Alex?"

"Last night, with the gun under my chin, what was that? You were glowing, and spoke in my mom's voice."

The book closed itself continuing to write and spoke.

"Alex. I'm the book your mother held. Your mother is an important person as she's the world's Administrator.

"My mom, was an admin?"

"Precisely. Your mother always made sure that the time flow was perfect and in balance."

"Wait. If I killed her, then how are we still leaving? Did she get replaced?"

Admin book kept quiet for a bit.

It was clear it was contemplating what to say at this moment until it finally spoke.

"That I can't answer."

"Why not?"

"Because, you'll find the answer for yourself soon."

Alex was confused on what the answer would be but he just sighed and moved on.

"Fine."

He felt good enough that he got up and walked over to leave his room.

Before he did, he looked back at Admin.

"Hey. Admim book."

"Yes Alex dear?"

Alex took a moment to speak before smiling as he spoke.

"Thank you Admin." He said as he left the room.

Admin book was caught a little off guard by these words befote it giggled.

"He's truly growing up."

It said as it said one final line.

"Akari. I hope your ready."

Chapter 24: End