Chapter 26: Catching Up

December 25th. 6 days left.

On the couch at Alex's apartment, the child laid asleep, head on his mother's lap as Akari slowly stroked her child's hair with a smile on her face.

Out from behind Sakura Pedals arrived as Yae appeared from behind.

"I assume it went well Ms. Akari."

"It went amazing Yae. I couldn't have asked for any other way to reunite with my son." Said the pink haired mother recalling the moments after the reunion

Yesterday: December 25th. Christmas Morning

After the initial minutes of crying and sobbing, Alex finally calmed down and slowly let go of his mother, only for Akari to immediately hug him back.

"No. Don't let go. I can tell your not done yet."

"T-This, is just the beginning." Alex shakily said as he decided to keep the hug going as he spoke some more.

"Why? If you were still alive, then why? Why'd you stay away for so long?"

Akari struggled to say this next part but eventually talked.

"In my head, I thought if I had immediately went to see you after you massacre, you wouldn't have believe it was alive. You would've treated me simply as a vision toying with your mind."

Alex hated to admit it, but she was right. He would've been way more pissed had he seen Akari alive a day or week after the massacre had happened.

"Then, why take 6 years? Why not 1 or 3?"

"I, wanted to make sure I came back at a time when you were more willing to think I wasn't an illusion. It just, took me 6 years."

"So, basically your anxiety and fear were the reasons."

"Yes. But..." Akari smiled and cupped her child's cheeks. "All that matters now, is that we're reunited Alex. After 6, long years."

"Yeah. Why don't we catch up?' Right after Alex said that, he would faint and fall into his mother's arms.

[Back To The Present]

"So your not caught up yet?"

"No not yet Yae. Though, I'm sure I'll be caught up soon enough."

Yae nodded as she eventually walked away to relax as eventually Alex slowly woke up.

"Good morning Alex. We're home." Said Akari as Alex sat up.

"I'm sorry for fainting."

"It's alright. Emotions were high."

"So, I guess its time we both caught up on what's happened in our lives right?"

"Mhm. I'll go first since not much happened. So, to be clear, I had become Admin a couple of weeks before you were born."

"How the hell did you even become an Admin?"

"Surprisingly, the admin before me bestowed her title, powers, and the admin before me."

"W-Wait. There's more admins!?"

"Yep. There have been many admins in the past. Each admin passing down their title to the next. Somehow, I was chosen as the next one, so, here I am."