Chapter 2

(Photo of Jeff)

As I'm walking down the garden path, Jeff's seventeen-year-old brother Danny sees me first and comes running towards me... oh God, here we go...
in three...
two...
one...

"Seeexyyyy Leeeexyyyyy" he squeals, jumping in my arms and wrapping his legs around my waist... yeah, don't even ask. He gives me a peck on the lips and hops back down, still grinning.

"How have you been, hot stuff? If you get bored of the old crowd, come find me, yeah?" he says and winks at me. I roll my eyes and flip him off. Before you ask...

No, I haven't had sex with him! Damn, you've known me for about 10 minutes and I already have a reputation?

Yes, he has tried it on... countless, countless times.

No, I'm not tempted whatsoever... never will be. He's way too young for me... oh, and Jeff's brother. And, yeah, I repeat, way too young for me.

He's harmless enough though and knows it will never happen, so we're cool. I think.

"Hey Sexy Lexy", Jeff's voice pulls me out of my thoughts. "How you doing, babe?" he says greeting me with a long hug followed by a peck on the lips. "Hey handsome, I'm great. You?"

Jeff is as stunning as ever... bright green eyes, dark hair, cheeky smile. I swear he hasn't changed one bit since he picked me up in that club four years ago. And despite our history (or should I say thanks to it?), we are super close, best friends. Hell, we know each other inside and out - literally.

For a while after we first met, he tried to take things in a different direction.

For a while, he was convinced he loved me.

Hell, for a while I almost believed I could one day love him back... and I do, I really do... just not like that. I wish I could have loved him how he wanted.

He is such a great person; always honest, funny, loyal to the bitter end... and obviously a total looker. He always deserved the greatest love story and I'm so glad he found it with Jen. His happiness makes me happy.

"Lex?"

Once again, Jeff's voice brings me back to the real world. "You done staring at me all dreamily, princess?" he chuckles.

I shake my head and finish off my bottle of beer. We chat for a bit until all the barbecue stuff is ready, then carry it over to the big tables they've set up in the garden. Everybody's having a good time and I'm talking to Jen and her older brother, Jeremy. He's a bike fanatic too, so we obviously hit it off right away.

At some point though, my thoughts wander back to the absolute beauty I saw earlier. I look around but don't see him anywhere... maybe he's still hanging out inside the house.

"Looking for me?" Danny whispers in my ear. I turn my head and see he is wiggling his eyebrows and grinning like a Cheshire car. I laugh and shake my head. He chuckles and leans over to Jen and Jeff to let them know he's going to head over to Freddie's place in about an hour. Video games with the boys from the cycling team. Sounds thrilling...

As he heads back in, I follow him to get another beer from the kitchen. Just as I enter, someone crashes right into me.

Honestly.not.my.day.

I look up as the culprit mumbles an apology and can't hide my amusement when I see who it is.

OK.defo.my.day.

*********************

A/N
OK so this one was super short but my one and only reader so far was desperate for an update ;)
Also:
I repeat: I live for your comments, guys!! And don't forget to leave a vote behind if you enjoyed the chapter ;)