Chapter 11

Lexy's P.O.V

It's been just over three weeks since the 'Jexy disaster date', as Kelly likes to call it. Unsurprisingly, I haven't seen Jimmy since, and I'll freely admit that I miss the kid's face...like, a lot.

A part of me really wants to get in touch with him to see if he's OK... and at the very least wish him a happy birthday, which is today. But another part of me is telling me to leave him alone, as he obviously needs the space. Fuck it. I wipe my hands clean and get my phone out of my pocket. I scroll through Messenger until I find his string of messages from all those months ago. I send him a short and casual birthday message. Worst case, he'll just ignore me. Such is life. I'll live.

My phone buzzes just as I'm about to put it back in my pocket. I check the screen and roll my eyes before picking up.

"Seeeexyyyyy Leeeexyyyy! You all ready and set for tomorrow night? I still think we should go to Purple Kitties or BeatZ!"

Danny. Again. He's been calling me five times a day about Jeff's stag night. The delights of being the best man. Yay.

"Danny, we've been through this. We are not going to a seedy strip club and your kiddo ass won't even get into BeatZ", I reply pinching the bridge of my nose. The kid gives me a fucking headache.

"But Leeexyyy... I turn eighteen in one week, I can totally cheat my way in and Freddie can get us fake IDs and-".

"Danny, you are not bringing all your little school friends! This is your brother's stag do. We're going ahead with it as planned and it'll be fucking awesome. Now leave me alone, I've got it all covered. Just be a good boy and make sure you get him there at about 8. It's your one and only job for tomorrow. Pick up and deliver."

"God, you're so hot when you're all mean and bossy. I-".

I hang up. Yeah, OK so I'm being an asshole but I really can't be dealing with him right now. That kid is just too hyper and exhausting.

I finish up and close the shop early to get some last bits and pieces sorted for tomorrow night. It's not gonna be anything extravagant, just a little party on Kelly's uncle's private beach. OK, OK, so maybe  just a little extravagant. I've managed to get his favourite DJ, as well as his two favourite food trucks for the entire evening and night. Kel's uncle is even letting us use his private beach bar, along with the staff that comes with it. Gotta love rich people!Honestly though, this guy is super sweet and has been ultra helpful with getting everything set up.

Jen is having her hen do the same day and the plan is for her and her girlfriends to join our beach party after their spa day in some fancy hotel near this beach.

I can't wait to see Jeff's reaction tomorrow evening. As far as he knows, Danny and I are taking him out for a meal with a handful of friends and colleagues from work.

He says he doesn't like surprises but I just know he is going to love this.

Bring on tomorrow!