Chapter 19

Jimmy's P.O.V

"Jimmy? Baby? I'm here. Everything will be OK. I'm here..."

He pulls me into his strong arms and just the feeling of him, his entire body shielding me from the rain, the pain and the entire wicked outside world... fuck, this guy is everything...

"I'm here baby, sshhh... I've got you. Please tell me you're OK. I've got you."

I barely hear his soft whisper against my shoulder. His mere words make me feel warm, safe, invincible... loved.

And fuck, that thought alone sets the waterworks right off again. I can't be with him. It's obviously not going to happen. What I want from him is not going to happen. And what he wants from me isn't going to happen.

With a loud sniff, I push him away and wrap my arms around myself. Lex looks confused as hell but takes a step back to give me some space. His piercing blue eyes are full of worry, but also bewilderment and disbelief.

"Jimmy? What... I don't... are you OK? What happened? Did Jeff hurt y-"

"Don't mention his fucking name", I scream in his face. "And stay the fuck away from me! I won't be your little fuck toy for one night, so you can dump me when you're done with me", I manage between loud sobs. Fuck, I'm trying to sound all dramatic and here I am bawling my eyes out... again.

Lex looks stunned, eyes wide, mouth open.

"Jimmy... baby... I don't know what the fuck he told you bu-"

"Don't call me baby, Lex! But I guess that's exactly what I am to you... a baby... a tight little virgin ass you're hoping to fuck and drop. Because honestly it's all I have to offer, right? What else could you possibly be after? What do you want from me? Am I the only person left that you haven't fucked in this town?" Fuck. I instantly regret my outburst. I don't even know where all that shit came from. Jeff fucked my head up worse than I thought.

But Lex just stares at me, his jaw clenched. His hands ball into fists at his sides and he slowly closes his eyes. Before I can even start apologising for the verbal diarrhoea that just left my mouth, he's turning around and storming away.

"Fuck, Lex, ... I didn't... please", I try to call after him but he's gone. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I pace around the car park, running my hands through my hair. I blew it. Big time. An hour ago, all I was hoping for was a dance and maybe even a cheeky make out session with Lex.

Now I don't even know how I'll be able to make him speak to me ever again.

The man who has single-handedly started knocking down my walls.

The man who has waltzed right through my insecurities and smashed them with a sledgehammer.

The man who made me feel sexy, desirable and wanted not even 24 hours ago.

The man I offered my first kiss to just a week ago.

The man I've fallen so hard for...

FUCK!!!

*************

Lexy's P.O.V

I didn't want to leave him there. I didn't want to just abandon him. I'm not the kind of man to avoid conflict or run away but I knew there was no way Jimmy was going to listen to anything I had to say. He was in total lockdown. All defenses up and higher than ever. He wasn't himself. At all. I won't even pretend that I understood most of what he was trying to accuse me of just now. It wasn't him.

He is in shock. But I am not what or who he needs right now, so I get my phone out and call Danny. "Jimmy is by the church. He needs. I don't know what your fool of a brother did or said to him but Jimmy is freaking out and he wasn't letting me... nevermind. Just come and find him and take him home. Make sure he's OK and safe. Please."

With that I hang up and about a minute later, Danny and I cross paths. He pulls me into a tight hug. "I'm so sorry for what he did. Kelly just told me what she overheard and... I need to get to Jimmy. I hope you guys are ok", he says before rushing off again.

I need some fucking answers.
And I need them
Right
Fucking
Now.