Chapter 25

Dedicated to @Felli_Dash

Lexy's P.O.V

The last three weeks with Jimmy have been amazing. Ever since he practically jumped my bones after training one evening (apparently I have Danny and Freddie to thank for that, those guys deserve a fucking medal), and he let me have a taste of his beautiful dick the next morning, things have been going great. Some switch has obviously flipped and he's suddenly so much more comfortable around me. His nervousness and awkwardness have been blown away somehow. And let me tell you, I'm absolutely loving this cheerful, funny and flirty Jimmy... I always knew he was in there somewhere and I'm so glad I was able to lure him out from behind his thick walls.

Having said that, I haven't been seeing him quite as much as I'd like to and it's been forever since he came to visit the shop, but he's obviously got school going on and he's been training like crazy because his racing season is approaching. In fact, his first national U18 race is tomorrow. I really wanted to go and support him but he's forbidden (yes forbidden!) me to come and watch... something about his athletic stage fright increasing tenfold if somebody important to him was there... I'm not sure how that works but I'll respect his wishes and keep away... even if it sucks that I can't be there to cheer him on...

Ah well, I know he'll blow the competition away, no matter what. He'll do totally amazing whether I'm there or not. He's promised to let me give him a full body massage after his race though, so I guess I win either way, right?

I'm about to start dinner when my phone rings. Huh, Jimmy. Shouldn't he be at training? "Hey, Jimmy! What's up babe, why aren't you at training?"

I hear him sniffling and breathing really fast at the other end....uh oh...

"Jimmy, talk to me!" 

"I... Lex... can I come over?"

"Of course baby! Where are you now? Need me to pick you up?"

"Yeah.... uh... yeah... I'm at the pool right now. Can you pick me up in like ten minutes?"

"Sure thing, baby. On my way."

***

Jimmy hasn't spoken a word since he got in my car but at least he seems marginally better than he was on the phone earlier. I know better than to interrogate him, so I just silently offer my hand whilst I drive, only letting his hand go when I need to shift gears.

"The big five are coming... I... I don't think I can... I think I'm gonna puke...".

I have no fucking clue what Jimmy's on about but he's obviously upset. His breathing becomes quick and shallow again... shit, he's heading straight into another panic attack.

I pull over and stop the car immediately. I can see my apartment block from here but Jimmy needs Daddy Lexy's special healing powers (his words, not mine) right now. I unclasp his seatbelt and pull him over on to my lap for a tight hug.

"Baby, breathe... just breathe... I'm here and we'll figure it out. I've got you", I whisper into his ear before kissing his temple. We stay like this for a couple minutes.

Eventually, Jimmy takes a deep breath between sniffles and nods against my shoulder. He straightens up and returns to his seat, and I start the car again to drive us home.

When we get to my apartment, I head straight to the kitchen, as he flops on my couch. I need to get some food into the boy. Food makes everything better.

I reheat the chicken alfredo I cooked earlier and prepare us a plate each before carrying it over to where he is sitting. He gives me a warm smile and gratefully accept his dinner before wolfing it down. Well, someone's a hungry boy.

"Thanks for that, Lexy. You always seem to know exactly what I need. I feel so much better now. So uh... yeah, I should probably tell you why I called you and freaked out earlier. So uh... you know how it's my first U18 competition tomorrow and this is like a big season opening... well, the five most important triathlon sponsors have announced that they are coming tomorrow as well. Thing is... sponsors never come to opening races right at the start of a season... ever... this is huge... and scary... fucking scary Lex. Tomorrow was supposed to be a normal race to get me into the next international rounds... now it's suddenly become a career maker or breaker. I wasn't prepare for that. Of fuck, I'm gonna puke... I can't breathe... and I'm hot and sweaty... is it hot in here? Oh God, my heart is going to explode..."

I pull him into a right hug again and he melts right into me and sighs. I don't understand why he's so nervous. I mean yeah, sponsors are a huge deal but he's the fucking best. He has absolutely nothing to worry about, surely.

"Jimmy, baby. This is good news, right? You're in top shape, you're so ready for the season and you will amaze every single one of them tomorrow! You're going to absolutely destroy your competitors, the crowds will love you and the sponsors will be fighting over you. You have nothing to worry about! This is what you've been working your ass off for! You are ready for this. Just enjoy your race and be your own fantastic self tomorrow... all the rest will come naturally. I promise."

"Wow Lex, can I hire you as my pre-race motivational speaker?" Jimmy sniffles and giggles at the same time. God, that boy is just the cutest.

"You're probably right, Lexy. But I'm so nervous. I can't afford to fuck this up. This is all I've dreamed of for the past couple of years. Getting sponsored at my current level would be a first step towards becoming a professional athlete. I'm just so fucking anxious and just can't seem to keep my nerves at bay. All this pressure..."

The boy needs to relieve some tension and decompress? Well, that I can definitely help with...

A/N:
Don't forget to leave the odd vote behind if you're enjoying the book ;)