Chapter 15

Lexy's P.O.V

It's been almost a week since Jimmy and I kissed at Jeff's party, mmmh... and what a kiss it was. When I close my eyes, I can still feel his soft lips on mine, the taste of chocolate and soda on his tongue, the way his body moved so perfectly against mine driving me so crazy I nearly came in my pants right in the middle of the dancefloor. He'd eventually pulled away from our kiss, obviously needing to catch his breath or something. I remember feeling his heart beating so fast and hard against my own chest as I held him tight and told him he was perfect and I never wanted to let go of him again. It felt right.

At that point, we'd got separated when some of Jeff's colleagues pulled me to the DJ booth to start off the first round of embarrassing games we'd planned for Jeff that evening. I hadn't seen Jimmy again after that and Jeff told me later that Danny and his friend had given Jimmy a ride home. I hated that I hadn't been able to say bye. The more I think about, the more I worry that I might have creeped him out with what I said...

l also still haven't got his number and keep meaning to write him a message on Facebook but Jeff's been taking up all my free time with the final wedding preparations, rehearsals, last-minute suit adjustments... you get the idea. Groomzilla is completely freaking out. I don't really see why though, as Jen is the most organised person in the world and has everything covered but that's Jeff for you... if there is no drama to be had, make some!

I'm finally in bed now. We've just had the rehearsal dinner (I still don't understand the point of those) and I'm exhausted. The wedding is tomorrow and I'm staying at a hotel with Jeff because, as per tradition, he is not allowed to see his future bride anymore until the actual wedding. We'll be getting ready for the wedding here too, whilst Jen and her bridesmaids will be getting their hair, makeup and everything sorted at the house.

Jeff looks like a zombie and I know he hasn't slept all week. He's a nervous wreck.

"Jeff, why don't you go for a relaxing bath or something. Have a nice long soak and I'll see if I can find a decent movie in their programme we can watch in bed after. Sound good?"

He walks up to me and pulls me in for a long - really, really long - hug before nodding and heading to the bathroom. I plop myself down on the kingsized bed we'll apparently be sharing tonight, and flick through the hotel's list of movies before adding three potential candidates to the watchlist. I get my phone out and decide to finally do what I've been wanting to do for days now. I scroll down my list of contacts on Messenger and write to Jimmy.

Lexington Mars:
Hey Jimmy!
How you doing? I've been meaning to write to you all week and I'm really sorry for not getting round to it before now!
I've had the most mental week. Jeff's been keeping me on my toes and I can tell you, he's freaking out big time, haha!
So I guess I should get back to him now actually, best man duties and all that ;)

Also just wanted to say I really loved seeing you at the bachelor party last week. I had a reayjlly great time with you (sorry, I realise this message is seriously overdue. I felt so bad for having to run off for the games and hated not being able to say bye to you before you left with Danny).

I also had a cheeky look and the guest list earlier today and saw your name down as Danny's +1, so I guess I'll see you tomorrow - can't wait :)

Speak soon x

I remove the kiss at the end and put it back about 10 times before finally deciding to remove it again before hitting 'send'.

I've barely put my phone down on the bedside table when it buzzes. He's replied already. I swear teenagers have a gift of texting and typing at lightning speed, it's unreal!

James D:
Hey Lex

I've been wanting to write to you for days but school and training have been crazy. Coach didn't let us off until 9pm some nights and I'm absolutely dead lol

Yeah I'll be there tomorrow and I really enjoyed the beach party, including the birthday treats - all of them ;)

Huh, so we're talking about what happened last weekend. Ok then. For some reason, I was 90% sure he was going to want to pretend it didn't happen, especially after he crept away from the party like a thief in the night...

Lexington Mars:
You're absolutely welcome. And the 'treats' were not exclusively birthday gifts. My offer comes without an expiry date (and doesn't require a special occasion either) ;)

James D:
Hell yaaaas, Sexy Lexy!!!  :D

Lexington Mars:
Wow, someone is bold today...

James D:
LOL just my online persona. It's my fun and outgoing alter ego to balance out real-life me: introverted, awkward, prone to severely embarrassing behaviour...

Lexington Mars:
I'll keep that in mind lol
But here is nothing wrong with the real-life you! You're fucking adorable and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

James D:
OK, well "fucking adorable" little me is heading to bed now so I'll see you tomorrow
X

Lexington Mars:
Mmmmmh... mind if I claim that kiss tomorrow? ;)

James D:
Lex, you can claim whatever you want, wherever you want

Lexington Mars:
...

James D:
Omfg!
Ignore me!
I don't know what I'm saying!

Lexington Mars:
Shame. You got me all excited for a minute, there...

James D:
I honestly don't know what to say to that

Lexington Mars:
I see 3 options here.
A) You take it back, we forget about it.
B) You write that again, and I make sure to store that piece of information securely somewhere in my brain until we meet again... in a suitable environment.
C) You write that again and tell me what's on your mind right now...because all I know is that I am thinking about how I want to do things to you that'll make you feel so good you'll be crying my name for days.
What will it be, Jimmyboy?

James D is typing...

******

A/N:
So guys, you get a say here. What's Jimmyboy gonna answer? ;)
Also, don't forget to leave the odd vote behind if you're enjoying the book ;)