Chapter 13

(Photo of Lex at the beach party)

Jimmy's P.O.V

Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me.

Upon hearing his name, I choke on my coke and my eyes dart around until they find him standing by one of the food trucks, giving a shy wave to the cheering crowd. His white T-shirt is just tight enough to reveal the perfectly sculpted torso that lays under it and he's wearing his hair down, his long mane blowing in the light breeze. Fuck, he looks like something right out of a music video or something...

Oh God, Jimmy, get a fucking grip!

Thankfully, with everyone cheering at Jeff and Lex, my little choke attack goes by unnoticed... or maybe not. Danny is staring at me with wide eyes. His surprised facial expression turns into a wide grin, as he starts clapping his hands excitedly.

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, it's him isn't it? This whole time, it's been all about Lex", Danny whisper-shouts at me. He can barely contain his excitement and Freddie rolls his eyes before smiling at him with complete and unreserved adoration. Huh, interesting.

"Come on Jimmy, let's go say hi to him", Danny giggles as he starts dragging me towards the food truck but I freeze and yank my hand out of his grip, shaking my head and turning back to sit by the bar.

"I can't face him, Danny. Not after how I behaved at the date. He probably hates me now. You can go and say hello. I'll be right over here, drowning my shame in fruit cocktails an-".

I stop talking when I feel a light tap on my shoulder. I turn my head and my heart skips a beat as I find myself looking up at the most gorgous man ever. He gives me the sweetest of smiles and leans forward, so that I can hear him talking over the loud music that has started playing.

"Ha, I knew it was you! How you doing, Jimmy?" God, I'd almost forgotten how sexy his voice sounds. And he smells so fucking good. And he looks so fucking good. Argh!!

Danny nudges me and pulls me out of my thoughts. Talk, Jimmy. Talk.

"Hey Lex, uh, I'm great thanks. How have you been?" I manage a small but genuine smile and he beams back at me. God that man is so fucking beautiful.

He looks into my eyes and time just stands still for a while... until he suddenly takes my hand and asks me to follow him. I can't hide my surprise but I oblige and let him drag me over to one of the food trucks. He makes me sit on a bench with my eyes closed and jogs off. Before I know it, he's back and sitting next to me.

"You can open your eyes now", he whispers in my ear and when I do, I can't believe what I'm seeing. He's holding a chocolate ice cream one hand and a huge chocolate muffin in the other. He chuckles at my confused face.

"Happy belated birthday, Jimmy. I don't have cake but I do have a double chocolate muffin and a cookies'n'chocolate ice cream to make up for it."

I don't know what to say. My mind has gone blank and all I can do is stare at him.

"Jimmy? Are you OK? Sorry, uh, I thought chocolate was a safe bet. Would you prefer something else?" Well, I wouldn't mind your tongue down my throat right about now.

His eyes widen and he starts laughing. "Is that before or after you have your birthday muffin?"

Huh? Oh my God, I didn't just...

"You may or may not have just said that out loud", he whispers and winks at me.

My heart stops. I'm mortified. Absolutely and utterly mortified. And my cheeks are on fire. Oh great, I'm blushing, just what I need. I let out a nervous laugh before grabbing the muffin and gobbling it down awkwardly, whilst he enjoys the ice cream.

"Thanks for the, um, birthday treat", I mumble looking down at my knees once we're both done eating.

"Any time, Jimmy", he says getting up. "I actually need to go for a wander around to make sure everything is still running smoothly but", he leans down to whisper, "if you require any more birthday treats, just and come and find me, yeah?"

As he starts walking back to the party, he turns his head to wink at me over his shoulder.

That's it. I'm sold.

--------------

A/N:
3 chapters in 24 hours, I'm on a roll.

How you guys enjoying the story so far?