Chapter 5

(Lexy's face during the second half of this chapter ;) I also just really love the picture. That hair <3 <3 <3 )

"Harder", I shout to Mikey, whose cheeks are bright red. He's panting hard, obviously not used to this kind of thing at all. "Come on, hurry up! I can't hold it up much longer", I curse as the bike starts slipping from my grip, whilst Mikey continues to hammer at the bent exhaust pipe to get it out of the way. Just a couple more inches and I'll be able to see what's going on with the pretty lady.

"Oh my God, I'm sweating and my shirt's stained! I don't belong in the dirt! My pretty face belongs where it can charm and sell", Mikey cries as he heads to the front of the shop again.

I chuckle and get to work on the stunning machine before me, a gorgeous Triumph Tiger 650. I can't wait to get all down and dirty on her.

The bell at the front of the shop rings and from the corner of my eye, I see a tall guy coming in with a bright orange bicycle... nice, a crashed racing bike! That'll be expensive to fix. Not complaining though, as I'll be the one doing the fixing, ha!

Mikey is already telling the man where to bring his bike and that it's going to be a costly repair. I leave the back workshop area and head towards the front of the shop to pick up the bike.

I barely reach the doorway when I recognise him... OH.SHIT. He's wearing a baseball cap and sporty sun glasses... and I haven't seen him since Jeff's party eight months ago...but it's him.

I slowly back away. It's fine. They haven't noticed me.

"Yo, Lexy!" Double shit.

"Meet James Davis. New customer. Needs his racing bike fixed, like super urgently."

Triple.shit.

I hear the boy's gasp. He's blushing. Yeah, not gonna lie... I think I'm mirroring his shocked expression perfectly. Minus the blushing. And probably with waaaaay more mental cursing.

OK Lex... man.the.fuck.up.

Let's just pretend I haven't been avoiding the boy for the past months... oh yeah, uh, I may or may not tell you about that later...

But for now... to face James "Jimmy" Davis... as professionally as humanly possible.

I clear my throat and put on my best business smile.

"Hello Mr Davis, how nice to see you again..."

I'm met with the most beautiful and genuine smile in the history of the world.

I swear my heart skips a beat. Maybe two.

Damn you, kid.

****************
A/N: Bit of a surprise time skip :)
Next up... how about Jimmy's POV? ;)