Chapter 6

Jimmy's P.O.V

Oh my God… this is just too good to be true! Just when I'd given up hope of ever seeing him again, I find myself standing right in front of him.

Suddenly, I'm feeling super thankful for that crash during yesterday's race. I mean sure, my bike is wrecked and I still have massive bruises on my right thigh and ribs that will take forever to heal… but damn, now I can't help but feel that it was all worth it... I mean, it has brought me straight to the man I've been trying to get in touch with for over half a year now…

It hadn't been hard to find out his name at the time. The moment we left Jeff's party, I'd casually asked Danny about the guy he'd seen me with just before we left for Freddie's. He'd told me that the man was called Lex Rock - helleven his name is fucking hot -  but that everyone just called him Sexy Lexy.

Yep, yep, yep, I totally see why.

The man is an Adonis! With his messy long hair, his perfect face with mesmerising eyes and sexy smile, his tall and muscular build,... errr... what was I saying again?

Ah yes, right, the name. So, as soon as I got home after a full weekend of junk food and video games at Freddie's, I hunted Hunk-a-licious down on every social media platform I could think of. Errrr nope, it's not stalking! I call it research… quenching my curiosity… possibly drooling a teeny tiny bit whilst checking out the photos of the most beautiful man I've ever laid eyes on… pictures of him looking all sexy in leathers on his motorbike, of him chilling with friends, of him at the beach wearing nothing but a tank top and tight swimming shorts… that man is sex on legs and he's not even bloody trying.

So anyway, once I'd found him on Facebook (that's as far as his presence on social media goes), I sent him a friend request and messaged him. Nothing too stalkerish or pushy, I think. Just a casual "Hey Lex, was great meeting you at the party" kinda thing.

He never accepted my friend request and, although I could see he'd read my message, he never replied.

I'd written him a couple more Facebook messages over the months, asking him about his motorbike or how his day had been.

He always read what I wrote but never replied.

My last message a couple of weeks ago was plain petty... and sappy... and resigned. I was exhausted and frustrated after a shitty training session at the pool and my head was generally in a bad place... before I knew what I was doing, I'd written and sent a last message in our very one-sided online conversation.

James D:
Hey Lex. This will be my last message, I promise.
Not sure why you've been avoiding me all this time but I just wanted to say that I find it really rude and mean. You're lucky you look incredible and have the best smile in the world, or I'd be seriously pissed at you.
But honestly… from the little interaction we had at Danny's house that time, you seemed like a nice, genuine and fun guy. But seeing as you are still ignoring my messages, I honestly don't understand what your deal is.
I'm sorry if my messages were too pushy or whatever… I really didn't wanna creep you out. It's just that you seemed like a genuinely nice person and I guess I just really wanted to get to know you...
Anyway, looks like I'm fighting a losing battle here, so I guess I'll just say this... It was great meeting you at Jeff's party and, hopefully, we will meet again some day… and when that day comes, I hope I'll have the guts to ask you out for an ice cream or something (hell, by the time we meet again, if we ever do, I might even be able to ask you out for a drink!)... and if that day comes, I hope you'll have the guts to say yes…

Now here I am... standing in front of this gorgeous man I'd lost all hope of ever seeing again.

Here I am, with my crashed bike and my crushed ego after months of being ignored... but this is a sign... it has to be.

So with a genuine beaming smile, I look into his stunning eyes and finally muster the courage to speak.

"Hi Lex, it's, uh, great to see you again, too... um... here", I stammer whilst handing over my orange Raleigh racer.

I honestly don't know how to interpret the look he is giving me but as he smiles back and holds my gaze, I can't stop myself...

"So, um, Lex... how about that ice cream?"