Chapter 25 >_<

Uhm? hi?

Chanyeol's Pov:

Baekhyun had been sleeping for a while now. It seemed as if the drug had been doing its job. Standing by the door Chanyeol stared at his peaceful face. The amount of weight the boy had lost, was ridiculous. His sweet smile was nowhere to be seen. The way he used to cackle at his dumb friend, what was his name? Luhan? yeah, the way he used to smile and giggle whenever that guy said anything, his cute squeaking noises were never heard again ever since he started living with me.

It was as if he had become an empty vessel. A broken boy, he had started looking so much more mature now. If you saw him, you'd never be able to guess that this small boy was only 20 years of age. A sigh escaped Chanyeol's lips as he moved to sit by Baekhyun. He tucked his hair behind his ear and bent down to leave a light kiss on his forehead.

"I wanna protect you from every horror of this world. I'll save you. I'll never hurt you again. Every problem coming your way will be thrown away. I'll fulfill my responsibilities. I'll protect you Baekhyun." Honestly, he didn't even know what he was saying, but one thing he knew for sure, he won't go back on his words. Everything that was said today, will be followed religiously.

Thinking of letting Baekhyun rest, Chanyeol got up and decided to leave. Turning the light off on the way and after echoing a sweet, "Sleep well.", he made his way to the living room. The house was quiet, dead silent actually. It was eating him alive. In order to not think of anything that had happened in the past few days, Chanyeol decided to go grocery shopping. 

"I need to get Baekkie's health back." He thought determinedly as he got in the car and made his way to the supermarket.

He started with vegetables and fruits, slowly making his way from the meat section to the sweets. What sweets does he like? Not remembering a preference, he decided to get whatever caught his eye. Skittles, nerds, jellies, different chocolates, everything went in the trolly. 

Half an hour later, Chanyeol was all done and ready to get in the car so he could go home and cook something nice for Baekhyun when he caught sight of Kyungsoo. The familiarisation of the black-haired person made his body move towards him on impulse but he stopped midway when he saw another black-haired guy come out from behind him. This guy was tall and he looked really familiar. Squinting his eyes Chanyeol tried to remember when the realization hit him. It was Kai. Kai who worked in his office. The same kai who snitched off of Chanyeol. His best friend. Lost in his thoughts Chanyeol didn't realize that they had gotten further away from him. Their hands were intertwined and Kyungsoo was excitedly trying to explain something to him, the way he always did when he was passionate about something. It was a cute trait of his. 

Sighing Chanyeol turned back around and made his way to the car, once again. He felt emotionless. If it was the old Chanyeol, he would've gone to them and separated them in an instant. But things were different now. Kyungsoo wasn't his anymore. And that was okay. People come and go, Chanyeol knew that. Besides, he had a beautiful husband at home. The same person who had never betrayed him. The same person who went through a ton of shit but never gave up. He had a brave fighting spirit. Chanyeol wanted to show him how much effect he had on him. How Chanyeol wanted to protect him from everything.

If I just think of you, I can fill this world with you

Because each snowdrop is one teardrop that belongs to you

But there's just one thing that I can't do and it's to make you come to me

I hope I don't have this miserable power

The selfish me who has only thought about myself

The me who didn't know your feelings and ignored it

I couldn't believe myself that I have changed this much

Your love can still move me like this.

**************

Baekhyun's Pov:

A loud noise woke Baekhyun up with a start. He sat up hurriedly looking around the darkroom. "Where am I?" 

The door opened and suddenly it was too much at once. The bright light, along with the banging headache. Baekhyun held his head in his hands and whimpered. What's going on? Why does my head hurt so much?

"Baekhyun?" Chanyeol's voice echoed in the room. Baekhyun looked up and instantly everything started coming back to him. Him running away, getting caught and dragged back home. Oh no, I'm back to Chanyeol's? The dread started showing on his face, hands trembling and little hiccups escaping through his mouth. He watched as Chanyeol put the tray of whatever he had with him aside and sat down in front of him. 

"Baekhyun, are you okay?" The worrying words confused him, Why is he saying that? Chanyeol reached up for his forehead, but pulled back when he saw Baekhyun flinch. 

"I got some food for you. Do you want me to feed you?" Baekhyun looked at the bowl of porridge and the nicely cute strawberries. His stomach grumbled. God knows when he last ate. Even though his hunger was eating him up from the inside, his body refused to answer Chanyeol. Hence he just stared at him.

"Are you not hungry?" Another question. Baekhyun wanted to scream. To be left alone. Chanyeol's presence in itself was terrifying. Too close. He's too close. No. I-i can't. Baekhyuns' wheel in his brain started to run, he looked at his lap and closed his eyes. Desperately wanting everything to disappear. When will I be able to have peace?

Chanyeol's Pov:

Chanyeol's heart hurt seeing Baekhyun like that. He looked so small and vulnerable. Hair a mess, hands trembling in his lap and eyes shut closed. Chanyeol wanted to get him in his lap and hug him till all his worries poofed away. But that could not be done, could it? Right now touching Baekhyun would just worsen everything up. So he decided to do the most rational thing his brain could come up with. 

"I'll leave it here, please eat.", was all he said before he got up to leave. Leaving Baekhyun alone with no one but eerie silence.

*******

Hello, Kiyos,

Uhm, I don't even know where to start. I'm sorry for taking such a big break, honestly, I was so demotivated, I thought I would never be able to finish this story. I tagged it as complete and I was done with it. 

But you guys have been so nice and accepting, bearing with my amateur writing. You've been with me from the start and I'm so so so thankful for that. It's almost been 2 years. I've changed a lot and it's all been for the good but I do believe I've progressed in my writing skills too? Idk, this story was a childish attempt, looking back on it, it's so cringy.

 Everything about it is super cringing but rn I'm writing this for the sake of you guys. You deserve it. You all have been super supportive and I'd like to gift this to you. I'll be finishing this soon. Idk how long it'll take me but I'll try my best. 

Feel free to comment, share or whatever. I'd like to know how you all have been.

 You guys are the best. I love you all.

Thank you so much for giving me the motivation to finish this.

Until next time. #Kiyos