Part 1

It was the worst day of my life, I fell to the ground when I heard the news, my mother died in a car accident, a hit and run to be precise. I know she prepared me for this, an attack from him was expected but now it's real and I'm left feeling numb. Unsure of how life would play out, but one thing for certain. Her death will not just float away along with everybody else. Her death will be his biggest regret.

You will never truly know what emptiness feels like until you lose the most important person in your life. Never being able to hear their voice again, never feel their embrace and wake up knowing you'll see their beautiful face. Never.  

Tears kept streaming down my face as the police officers carried me back inside to call social services. Social services. I've heard how awful the system is in movies and tv shows, I thought my life was over, I had nothing to live for, not anymore.

---

As I sat with my head buried in my knees with puffy eyes and tears still pouring down my face, I heard a woman approach me. Must be social services.

"Hi dear, I'm Susan, I'm very sorry for your loss". Her voice soothed me, she put one hand upon my shoulder and sat beside me. She was mid 40's and she had a sweet face, one that looked of a caring woman, she wore a long crimson red cardigan that looked to be made of the softest wool. I felt the woollen material enwrap me, warming me up, comforting me.  

"I've just received a call that you are going to live with your brothers now, I know this may be all new to you, but trust me, they've been waiting to reconnect with you so how bout we pack up your stuff so you can leave tonight to arrive tomorrow" she said stroking my back. 

Everything moved so fast, this woman couldn't have arrived no more than 20 minutes after I heard of the news. Yet we were already planning my next move, my future.

After all these years, I can't believe that I had brothers, I've never had any siblings. Even though I've never met them, I'm very grateful they are willing to look after me.

My energy was completely drained, no part in me could maintain a conversation, all I managed to blubber out was "OK". 

---

Slowly, I managed to get everything ready and put my suitcases in the car. Susan accompanied me to the airport, I was surprised to see that I was about to board a private plane, an Embraer I think. The type of jet advertised in magazines. 

I've only ever been on a plane once and that was in the economy, only proof being the picture stuck on the fridge of me and my mother when I was just born.

Judging by this sight, I could only assume that my older brothers must be wealthy, there is no way someone would splurge out on this ride for some girl they've never really known. Sister or not. 

---

Hours passed and I finally arrived.

I was escorted out of the Embraer and was told that my luggage would end up at my home or wherever I'd be living for the next few years. I walked through the terminal, starting to get nervous as I was about to meet my brothers, at least one of them Susan had said. 

I brainstormed what'd they look like and in my head. Maybe 2, around 20 with similar features as me. But if only I knew that was far from the truth. 

I walked to the foyer of the airport accompanied by what looks to be a guard of some sort, black suit and tie with dark shades that followed me. I came to a sudden stop and peered around the foyer looking for the brother I pictured in my head. Abruptly, my phone buzzed, reading - Bookshop.

Bookshop? What does that mean? I glanced up around at my surroundings and saw the small bookshop in the corner, it was only tiny and nearly hidden. I headed over and there and that's when I spotted him, he must be my brother, we look similar, our piercing blue eyes and dark hair with tanned skin, tall too like I imagined. I smiled and waved, he nodded, flashing a short smile. "Sierra, how was your flight?" His voice held traces of authority and some sort of power although he tried to sound nice and welcoming. 

"It was really lovely thank you" I replied with a smile in which he returned. "So could you refresh your name for me please?" my face drifted to the floor, I felt rude, but I had no idea who this tall, well-groomed man was in front of me. I tried my best to sound as nice as possible after all, without him I would have ended up in the system. 

He keeps a neutral face but his sudden tense led me to think he was somewhat hurt but he managed his voice to be devoid of it, "Tyler. Come, let me take you home Sierra."

I noticed the man in a black suit and tie somehow disappeared leaving Tyler and me to head out completely alone. We walked over to his sleek sportscar and he gestured for me to hop in, I was in awe, I couldn't believe that I was riding in such a fancy car. 

We drove home in minimal chatter, Tyler seemed nice, he asked how I was which was considerate but I hope he warms up because if the rest of them are like this, then we will be having some pretty non-existent conversations. 

I gasped at the massive house that stood in front of me, and even though this house looked very much like the photograph at home, which I suppose mum was right about. Not even the photograph could reflect the actual size that faced me.

We walked up to the mansion reminding myself how mum and I lived in a moderately tiny apartment so this was completely new to me. Keeping under the radar was our specialty and I can't imagine my brothers not being the talk of the town with a house this size. 

Tyler guided me through the door to which there was a luxurious modern living room connected to a kitchen further down and a huge tv in the corner.

"I'll show you up to your room, Noah and the rest will be here soon". His eyes said to follow him so I did, up the stairs and to the right, there was my own room.

He chuckled when he turned to see me absolutely gobsmacked at the size of it. "Thank you so much" I gushed. He didn't seem to realise the luxury but accepted my grace. 

In the centre lay a cream white queen bed that matched the cream window sill and chic furniture decorated in pastel pinks and purples along with the softest white carpet that already melted under my feet. 

"So most of our rooms are down this hallway besides mine and Noah's, we are downstairs" he informed me. I casually counted the rooms he was pointing to. 3. 3 rooms and plus his and Noah's, that's 5. I'm pretty sure he realised how confused I was because he gave out another chuckle. I mean I was so confused, I thought I had 2 brothers maybe 3 but that means 5! 5 Older Brothers!

"Not all are as nice as me" he smirked.

Hiii, this is my first book and I hope you like it. I was inspired by many amazing books but in particular, gracesilverleighs; Their sister, Their strength and isabelas7; Miss perfect and her brothers. So give them a read too because they're so good!!

Of course, my story is different in it's own way and I hope you soon see the uniqueness of my story because there's a very cool plot twist and as you read on, it will explain a lot once it's revealed!

Comment/Vote 

Anna❤️