Part 23

Frozen in my place, just focussing on Liam's next words. 

Noah grunted, unimpressed by his smart ass comment. I know that once he figures it out, he won't only have me on constant surveillance but a full-on lockdown however I don't intend on it getting to that. 

His stiff presence stood tall right beside me, his arms crossed and not sparing a single glance in my direction, just straight ahead at one nervous Liam. Although he didn't want Noah to sense him stressed, his confident mask was slowly fading away as he bore directly into the eyes of one of the most powerful mafia leaders; my brother.

All of me was saying to just step in and defend Liam, create another stupid diversion or run away but the smallest part ordered me to remain calm and stay, stay beside the usually calm and strategic Noah. 

'You know what, let's play a game of 20 questions' his uneven lips curved into yet another evil smirk, he knew he had us in his palm, making us sweat is just for his amusement. Noah knows that at this point in time, all 3 of us stuck in his luxurious office, answers will come sooner or later, just a matter of how he will get them.

Liam slightly nods his head, adjusting his posture upon replying, 'whatever suits you, boss'. A small huff left Noah, probably surprised at Liam's snarky answers. 

'Great, well just to clarify, I want the truth, don't bullshit me' he leaned over his desk, glaring closer at Liam, waiting for a verbal acknowledgement.

'What else would you expect?' Liam nods, sneaking a quick glance at me. I smiled, assuring him yet again that it's okay to answer truthfully because, in the end, my desire to inflict the same pain as I felt onto my father is completely outweighed by Enzo either living or dying tonight because, on top of these 5 overbearing brothers, are 3 others who were there when they weren't. Enzo, Jeremy and Liam will forever be my family and family protect each other. 

'Don't look at her, me and me only' Noah points to himself, his low voice sending shivers down my spine. 'Understood?' 

'Yes, one question down' he slyly replies, clearly pissing Noah off more with his sarcasm. As much as I know the following answers would rile up Noah, in my heart, I knew that after nearly 18 years knowing Liam, Noah would have to be the coldest person if he was to badly harm him. 

'Fair enough, question 2...' silence fills the room as Noah ponders in his thoughts, 'Had you already seen my sister before dinner the other night?' The first real question and I can already feel the tension rising. 

'Yes.' Liam responds giving a small nod as well. Standing inches away from Noah, I notice his muscles clenching slightly behind his back. 

'Had you talked to Agatha after she left?' his voice calm and deep. I knew this answer would strike a nerve in Noah, I mean, his best friend was in contact with his estranged mother, moreover, his sister as well. 

It is obvious that Noah and Liam are close friends, along with the rest of my brothers. They'd been in the mafia together since birth and he helped Noah regain power from the previously doomed American mafia that our father left in pieces. Both had been through so much and now not only is Noah asking tough questions, he can't bear listening to his answers, knowing that so much was a lie. 

'Yes.' A flash of guilt and remorse glistened in Liams eyes, quickly to be covered up again. 

Teeth clenched now, his fist still behind his back, clenched once again.

'Did you tell Sierra about me?' He stutters 'I mean us' he corrects himself, like prior questions. I stood still, already knowing the answer, one that he won't be accepting lightly.

Liam slowly took a breath, feeling somewhat guilty, his gaze wanders to the wooden floor. 'Yes.' 

After comprehending his response, a brief moment of sadness washed over Noah before he reverted back to his stone-cold face.

'Look up Liam, you've been able to perfectly lie to my face for a number of years so why so difficult now huh?' he scoffed, rolling his eyes. 

Liam immediately returned his gaze with Noah's glare, 'That's 5 questions now.'

He sneers in response. 'Is Mateo involved as well?' 

'No.' 

Suddenly, Noah switches his gaze to me, I meet his gloomy dark eyes. No small smile, no smirk, just his eyes boring into mine. 'Who told her about mine and the Italian mafia?' Looking at me but questioning Liam, 'not tonight's plan, I want the name of who first told her, about everything'

'How would I know?' Liam simply shrugs his shoulders. 

'Liam, I know you can give me a name' he adds coldly. 

'Liam' I whisper, loud enough for him to hear. Noah silently scolds me for speaking, turning back to Liam awaiting his answer. 

'You know them' he mutters. 

'Who?' Noah snaps, not looking to waste any more time. 

'Her mother' he glances at me once more. 'Oh and that's 8 now' he smirks.

Noah sighs upon the information, clearly not happy about any of it but I know he's keeping the more hardcore ones last. 

'Did you retrieve information on the Italians for Sierra?' he asks cold and flat. 

'Yes, obviously I didn't intend you and them would figure it out' still acting somewhat confident, he fixes his hair and straightens his shoulders. 

'Who do you know in it?' Now he was getting specific, the dots are nearly connected, it's all a matter of if he can understand. 

'Good question, let me think' he looked very uncomfortable under this pressure, heavily thinking about the different options he could take. 

'Uh an Enzo I believe' trying to stay on the safe side, he sends a short smile in Noah's direction.

'Who else?' he growled, gritting his teeth. 

Silence passed by, Noah pressing Liam for his answer, but Liam remained with his eyes veering away from his strong glare. 

'Just Enzo and Jeremy okay, that's all!' I blurt out, surprising them both. 

'Little Sierra..'  his mouth forms a smirk 'who else?' he repeated.

His deep voice made my stomach twist up. He lowered down to my height, bringing his previously clenched fists to rest on my shoulder. 

'I don't know anybody else' I reply confidently. Glancing at Liam who held a sweet smile. Abruptly, I feel strong pressure on my cheeks, bringing me to face his gaze. With his hand rested on my cheek, he mutters out

'Not even Father?' 

Hey lovely readers! 

Sorry about the update being a week later, I had some important assessments and have a few more Monday and Tuesday so hopefully another chapter by Wednesday!

Hope you like this chapter ;)

Thank you so so much for all the support! You guys really just make me smileeee!!

Hope you're having a great day/night! 

Vote/Comment

Anna 😊