Part 9

Their cold dark eyes were boring into me, intimidatingly. I stood there trying to recompose myself, I wasn't going to be seen as weak, I need to be confident especially after what I just did. 

Their tall, buff, muscular figures towered over my petite frame as their eyes still fixated on me. We were now behind the school where they usually go for a smoke. The fumes remained strong from the previous group who left as quickly as we arrived. I just looked down at the ground taking the time so I can properly deal with the situation. Not daring to let a tear escape. 

'Sierra' Dylan sternly said making me shiver, not only because they were standing in front of me but because I knew that once I get home, all hell would break loose mainly by them. 

Slowly my head tilted up to his indifferent voice, locking eyes with Reid's, whose eyes no longer looked like my icy light blue but ones of the dark ocean. Dylan's shoulders were crossed just waiting for me to answer, impatiently. 

'I - h-he had enough' I stammer out focusing my eyes in between their tall frames and to the spot on the wall, just wishing that I could be anywhere but here. A loud huff escaped Reid while he threw his hands up in the air, 'enough? I decide when he has had enough' Dylan spat angrily. 

My eyes found the ground again as I kept smelling the awful cigarette fumes invading my lungs. They didn't try to mask their anger towards me as their stares were like daggers. 'Sierra, never and I mean never, interrupt me when I am dealing with someone' Reid growled, looking down at me with a glare. 'You are to stay out of it or walk away' Dylan added, his voice serious as ever. I kept standing there just inhaling the fumes and shaking from their shouts. I can see why everyone is afraid of the Stonewood brothers, they don't play around. 

They both noticed my scrunched up nose trying to block the smoke from entering and Dylan gently pulled me away further to escape it. I mentally thanked him but we still stood in the same positions and silence, waiting on my reply. 

'I couldn't stand it, all because of me, he's hurt badly because of me' I whimper out still focusing my eyes on the ground, a small silence passed again before I heard their sighs, at least it wasn't yells because I don't think I could keep a strong front if that was to happen.

'Sierra, look at me' Reid instructed gently bringing up my chin to meet their eyes. Their expressions soften taking me by surprise, they almost looked remorseful. 'There are a lot of things you don't know little sister' Dylan said looking away to connect with Reid's eyes like he was sending a signal.

As much as I felt defeated at this point, I felt excluded. These were my brothers that just found me and they are still keeping secrets. 

'What is it that I don't know, stop hiding things from me' I replied more confidently than my last. Reid and Dylan both tensed, I sent my own glare awaiting their answer.

'He wasn't just anyone Sierra' Reid finally answers. 'Who was he then, Reid?' I question staring into his eyes that were a few shades lighter than earlier. They remained silent, for the first time since I've moved in, they were speechless. 

My mind flung back to when Troy described my brothers as rumoured to be apart of the mafia, I was scared to think about it but was this about it? Was it true? I didn't want to let those thoughts flood to my head but I was dying to ask them, it seemed almost perfect since they were calm. The two most hotheaded boys of the family were calm. 

More silence passed as I decided to speak up ' Is it about you rumoured to be apart of the mafia' I hesitated not daring to lock eyes with either, just the ground. They immediately clenched their fists and I felt their daggers on me. Was it the wrong time to ask? 

'Who said that?' Dylan said confused, Reid once again brought my chin up to face them. 'Some people' I said hoping they would expand because they weren't denying it. Was it true? Are my brothers apart of the mafia? 

'No' Reid quickly replied indifferently. I felt comforted that it was just some rumour but apart of me didn't believe them. Partly due to the fact Reid and Dylan immediately sent a knowing look to each other as if preparing to lie to my face. 

'There you guys are, I heard all about the whole lunch thing' Kai interrupted while walking up to join us. I mentally thanked him for getting me out of this situation although I would've liked them to properly answer. 

'Kai' I smiled and he returned one. 'What's happening here?' he asked trying to understand the situation however soon enough he awkwardly stood on the receiving end of Reid's painful glare. 'I didn't realise' he adds as if Reid mentally scolded him. 

'Bell rang, meet you at the car after school' Dylan informed me, giving me a gesture to leave. 'Okay'.

'We need to talk' Reid muttered to Kai and Dylan as I started to leave. 

Boy, I bet tonight is going to be interesting, to say the least.

Heyyyy! Thanks so much for reading my story! Have a great day/night!! 

Comment and vote🤪 

Anna💓