Part 12

*Also I made a typo in the last chapter that some of you may have read before I changed it (probably the first 50 viewers). So just to clear confusion if any, Jeremy is not related to Liam however Jeremy does have a brother but Liam and him are different people!!

As I finished off my homework in my room I started to feel hunger coming on...as always when I'm doing homework, its a non-stop cycle. 

It was around 6 and just in case these guests were to come over shortly, I picked out a reasonably smart casual outfit of jeans and a fitted plaid shirt, did a bit of my makeup after I had smudged my mascara with my hand from trying to keep my eyes open during homework, the struggle.

I walked over to my full-size mirror in the corner and approved myself to go out. I headed down the stairs and towards the kitchen, my main goal was the fridge and well that's where I ended up for 5 minutes, just looking through to see if any food would spark my appetite. Finally, I settled on PB and jam.

'No way' a voice mumbled from behind me, 'you too love PB and jam?' I turned to identify the voice, it was Kai. 'Of course, nothing beats it' I chuckled gesturing to the supplies in front of me offering to make him one. 

'Would love to but gotta keep an appetite for dinner, they should be here soon' he replied looking genuinely sad he couldn't enjoy my fantastic sandwich, 'oh okay, who are the guests by the way?' I took this as an opportunity to ask since Tyler shut me down. He looked a little uncomfortable by the question so I decided to just play it off cool, he's really one of the few brothers that aren't impulsive and hot-headed trying to make my life hell. 

'I just hope they're nicer than you lot' I laughed making him chuckle at my comment. 'You wish' he playfully smirked and walked off.

I sat front and centre of the couch watching "Gossip Girl" on the TV so I'd be caught up for the reboot. Throughout the episode, I remained immersed in the couch just scoffing my sandwich down in peace until all 5 of my brothers barged through the door to the living room interrupting my TV time. 

'Guests are coming soon Sierra' Tyler yelled over my show, 'okay' I responded still focused however it was so much harder to concentrate with them in the same room preparing for tonight making it a challenge for me to listen. Something I never had to deal with when it was just me and mum.

---

'Can you boil the pasta, Dylan?' Noah instructed. 'Where are those two cleaners?' Reid arrogantly questioned in the background. How can he be so rude to those two wonderful ladies that do his daily chores for him, I mean he could at least acknowledge them. 

As my show was at the last few minutes, I noticed my brothers organised dinner and the table was set for 8 people which no doubt Anita and Clare completed, leading me to calculate that 2 people are coming over. 

I switched the tv off and went to rinse my plate before the guests come, 'I've told you before that we have people to do that' Reid shrugs walking by me. 'Yes, but I don't mind doing daily responsibilities' I replied sassier than intended, my face flushed red as I expected him to fizzle up and start some argument of me being 'disrespectful'. Instead, he just rolled his eyes and kept going. These guests must be important for him to choose the higher road.

--

The boys all sat on the couch waiting whereas I made conversation with Anita about her children and where they are at in their lives, she is very sweet and seems like a very nurturing mother. 'Yes we were very close' I respond when she asks about my mother, I know its been a few days but I'm still healing, I've already asked Noah about a funeral for closure which he has agreed to, so I hope that will help in my process of moving on. 

Knock Knock

Everyone in the room shot up at the sound, I waited beside Anita to see who these guests were and awkwardly introduce myself later. The boys were now gathered in the middle of the room, Noah took responsibility of answering the door. 

'Long time boys' Noah welcomed them as the place surrounded with laughter. I stood staring as they headed through. My patience started to grow thin by the mystery I was heavily intrigued by. 

'Yeah mate' the unknown voices replied, immediately their low voices resonating through the room. Slowly after greeting all my brothers at the entrance, a familiar voice caught my attention, and then he finally appeared in front of my eyes. 

LIAM? 

I gasped as I realised who started walking towards me, he sent me a short smile and wink that only I could see as he mouthed surprise. Some other man accompanied him that I didn't recognise but he was too busy talking with my brothers. 

I froze in shock, I haven't seen him in weeks and now he somehow ended up coming to dinner tonight, with absolutely no warning. 'What's the matter, Sierra?' Tyler's voice snapped me out of my trance, 'oh um nothing, just so tall' I awkwardly responded. 

I feel Anita's presence slowly disappear as Liam soon reached my placement and was now towering over me, he stood with his dark blonde hair ruffled and an expensive fitted black shirt clearly defining his abs. 

Unable to properly meet his gaze with our different heights, like usual I tilted my head up meeting his piercing green eyes sparkling in the light. It felt like just me and him in our own world since I couldn't see past his tall frame which my brothers were on the other side of, making drinks. 

'Hey stranger' he smirked. 'Nice to meet you Liam' I played along. 'I'll have to claim my hug from you later when your brother's arent around' he adds chuckling. 'That might be impossible, they're everywhere' I warned him cheekily looking around the room subtly pointing out the cameras. 'Oh they won't stop me' he says with his signature smirk. I jokingly rolled my eyes, 'Wh-why, How, W-when??' I added looking frazzled, 'well you didn't answer your phone missy' he replied in defence. Before I could reply we got interrupted by the one and only...

'Liam, long enough introduction, she's boring, come for drinks' Reid shouts gesturing for Liam to join, before he left he grabbed my hand and gave it a little squeeze. 

I turned round to finish conversing with Anita who had quickly made herself scarce once the guests arrived although I couldn't help but feel that Reid sent her a glare for her to leave, making her feel even more underappreciated.  

After a while of chatter, we all took our spots at the table, Noah sat head of the table and instead Liam sat opposite me. 'Orange juice for you baby sister' Dylan teased handing me my glass. When we all settled in I notice that the same power respect that the boys give Noah is similar to the one they show for Liam. 

'So sierra, meet your new bodyguard, Mateo' Noah informed me. My head shot right to where Mateo was sitting, he sent me a brief smile and just as quickly I locked eyes with Liam right across me, he looked equally shocked, we didn't calculate for this to happen! 

'No' I exclaimed before Liam jumped in, 

'Are you sure? It's my pleasure to take responsibility, after all, I haven't seen her for 12 years' 

Thanks, everyone for reading! Here is the chapter after that plot twist! Comment and vote! Anna

🥰