Part 15

Liam soon left and made his way upstairs to meet my brothers, on that mysterious third floor I'm yet to check out. 

I flopped onto my bed, exhausted from the day. At least I got to see Liam and talk to Jeremy, I feel so lost without talking to them every day, they are my family too, been with me through everything and now all because of this plan to find him, I must play this charade in front of my brothers and now Mateo that I haven't spent the last few years of my life with them. My best friends are risking many things on the line to help me and I just hope, hope that it will all be worth it, the deceit, the lies, the risks. 

 ---

I dreamed of the day that I'd meet those boys on the fridge door in the photograph ever since Mum told me. I memorised each one of their faces so that if I saw them on the street I'd be able to place their features and recognise it's them.

It hurt me so much inside that I forgot who they were, their faces after we left to live elsewhere. How could I forget my family? I know I was so young but for all those years growing up with mum, I'd no idea who those people were in the photograph and nothing even clicked. 

The day mum told me was the biggest day of my life. It happened to be my 13th birthday incidentally. 

That year I begged and begged her for my ears pierced, silly I know, but we never indulged on anything and I just wanted some bling, something pretty on my ears like the celebrities, I adored jewellery. I even guilt-tripped her into it, and if I had known what was to happen then I'd never have even brought it up again after she said no.

That day, on my 13th birthday, we walked home from the piercer with my new diamond looking stud but before we even reached our apartment complex, Enzo rang, I knew it was strange and the look on her face will be something that I'll never forget. It was like she knew, once she saw his name, she knew. 

We ran home while she conversed with Enzo on the phone, she rushed through the house picking up necessities and I grabbed the photograph, and just like that, we left. 

Somehow Enzo managed to sort out a new apartment on the same day, different neighbourhood but same size. 

That night, mum and I sat down at the table, it was emotional, she looked me in my eyes and her words changed my life. She finally told me who the 5 boys were in the photograph. My brothers, my 5 older brothers. It warmed my heart knowing I have siblings but now there was bigger concerns at hand.

She cried as she explained to me the threat that haunts her each day of our lives causing her to not give me the childhood she dreamed of me having. 

Hearing that your own mother may die any day from a group of people unknown to the world is gut-wrenching, hence why we lived our conservative life. To not be found. Yet my mother knew that all this hiding and being constantly cautious of how and what we buy would never be enough to deny the inevitable.

That long night, I learnt of everything, the mafia, my brothers, the threat. Everything. Liam, Enzo and Jeremy all came around. Only then, were we all on the same page. Same aim. The year of my 13th and most of my 14th, we waited and we prepared. He will never get away with breaking our family apart. I promised my mother before she passed that I would make sure of it.

My birthday triggered all these memories, I know Liam knows that but my brothers don't and like my 14th, I don't want to celebrate my 15th. It's too hard. 

Sleep finally won me over and one more day has gone by that he has slept peacefully once again but not long now that he will know and feel the pain that I went through all because of him.

---

'Happy birthday Sierra' Kai's soft voice radiated in my ear. I turned to his voice behind me, waking my eyes up so I could see. There they all stood, in my room towards the end of my bed, I looked awful and not yet were they suppose to see that side of me, the side with mascara dried up and black circles, hair everywhere and foundation on my pillow. 

'Happy 15th birthday little one' Tyler echoed. I smiled in response still rubbing my eyes to see better. 'Well, I didn't realise we were housing a monster' Dylan chuckled as I started to elevate from my bed, still in my outfit from the day before. They all started snickering, even Noah. 

'Thank you so very much, now out' I huffed sarcastically pointing to the door. 'Now now, we were only wishing our little sister a happy birthday, we didn't realise we'd be walking into medusa's room' Reid said smirking holding in a laugh. 'No, I think her hair looks fine, it's more like Gollum' Dylan teased. 

'GET OUT' I yelled death staring them all. 'Okay okay, not a morning person I see' Tyler playfully teased putting his hands up in defence. 'Well get ready for school, and happy birthday Sierra' Noah said adding a smile. 

Ugh school on my birthday, that should be illegal. But I am excited to see my friends, I feel like it's been forever. 

I grabbed my outfit out of my closet for the day and had a long ass shower to look half decent. I headed downstairs for breakfast and to my surprise, it was already sitting on the table. 'Well if this is my delicious breakfast already sitting on the table then I wish it was my birthday everyday' I said smiling at Tyler who no doubt made it considering all the rest except Kai would just order Anita and Clare to do it and they were nowhere to be seen. 'Thankyou Tyler' 

'Well I hope to make this a great birthday for you considering uh all the ones we missed' he replied walking over to pull out my chair for me. 'Where are the others' I question sitting down. 'They are just getting ready for school and Noah will be here shortly' he moved to stand at the door strangely enough but his voice grew louder as he walked further away. 

I ate all my breakfast and by that time they all came out saying another happy birthday. Tyler still stood near the door but the rest came and gathered around the table while Noah placed a small gift in front of me. 

'Happy birthday Sierra' his voice was soft and genuine. I glanced up at the rest of my brothers and for the first time since I've been here, their smiles from that photograph were all present on each of their faces, reflecting my grin. 'You didn't have to' I whisper grabbing a hold of the small rectangular gift. 'Please, just open it' Reid mumbled, looking down at my small hands unwrapping their gift. 

I unwrapped the paper layer to find a small green jewellery box, I slowly opened it, my eyes widen as I spot the gold-encrusted emerald ring snugged in the bottom. 

'It was Agatha's' Noah murmured. I looked up and his eyes sparkled a tear, as did Reid's. I felt I was about to burst out crying, this was the most perfect gift. I now have something of our mother's, with me every day of my life. 'Thank you so much' I glanced up at them all, my voice cracking between words and my eyes ready to flood. 

Soon I was left to myself and the ring as they all departed. I held onto it as if I was holding onto mum. 

Knock Knock

The door sounded, now I see why Tyler was waiting, it was for whoever's behind that door. 

'Mateo, perfect timing' 

Woo Update!! 

So I know that the plot twist is a bit confusing but hopefully this clears it up a little more, however, some things are still left in the dark obviously, like this he character...  

Just in case you're a bit lost at to why the piercing compromised their location, its because when you get a piercing you need ID and soooo yeah🤭 

Liam's age is 18 ;)

I know there's still a lot of questions because of course not everything is said in this chapter but you'll just have to keep reading to find out😆

Comment/Vote

Anna☺️