Part 18

The next day

I woke up feeling for the first time like I belonged. All of my brothers surprising me with that beautiful gift and Noah recalling memories and naming her as mum instead of Agatha, it all made me feel like our family was finally together. My dream coming true.

Waking up to the scent of the candle still circling my room from when I lit it last night, I felt a new sense of self. A sense that reminded me of the impending task ahead that would dramatically change everything. 

It had been nearly a week so far and my brothers are still finding every way to tick me off and obviously yesterday, things must have gotten pretty serious in their 'side business' since they were already pacing around upstairs at 8 am

Well, a family business I should say, it all started with my father, our father. But to me, I wouldn't even call him a father, just a man. After all, how could he be family after what he's done? 

A family never turn their back on each other, they will never put anyone or anything else above and for that, he is not my family. 

I don't remember the times that I spent with him before we left but my mother spared no details in case worse came to worse and at the chance of even meeting him, I had to be prepared. 

Everything that I've planned for these last months relies on everything going perfectly. My brothers have looked into the Italian mafia so Liam can be fully aware of their intentions but now there's Mateo who will be on my case about absolutely everything and between him and my brothers, I have near to no privacy. 

Almost one week has passed, dedicated for me to settle in and get to know them all, but now it's time this all starts coming together, piece by piece.  

---

I hop out of bed, look out at my window, smile from the sun and grab a simple summer dress to wear to school today. 

Knock knock 

'Come in' I answer. 

'Hey sis, hope you had a good sleep. Before you come down, everyone is kinda having a heated conversation and it's not where you want to be right now trust me, so get ready and we can leave quicker this morning' Kai explained leaning on the doorway. 

I was a little confused about this 'heated conversation' because I haven't heard a sound. 'I haven't heard anything' I replied looking for an extended answer. 

'You definitely like to know what's happening don't you' he smiles shaking his head. Ever since I arrived, Kai has been the one brother that I feel I can talk to freely. 'I guess' a grin grew on my face. 

'They are downstairs with Liam and another business associate, something happened and everyone is not happy, I know my twin and he's a ticking time bomb like Reid when things unexpected like this happens' Kai elaborated, his voice was indifferent and right now as he explained it all to me, the authority that radiates off all of them was almost non-existent in Kai and replaced with genuine concern and care, no underlying order. 

'I just don't want to put you in that situation' he adds, his voice a little softer now. He casually runs his hands through his hair and comes closer to me as I sit on my bed. 

From the way he talks about this, I can only assume that this has happened before.

'Honestly, it's not where I want to be, hence why I'm here' his whole face dropped to a certain.. sadness? I stood up and placed my hand on his shoulder, 'I will get everything ready and we can both escape as soon as possible' I told him, sending a smile in which he lightened up over.