Part 19

Tears battled their way to overthrow my eyes and unleash but all my strength kept them at bay, for the time being anyway. 

We all knew, especially me, that Noah would most definitely keep to his word, and that was what scared me.

Jeremy couldn't even mutter a word, he was trying to take it in like me. Everything stopped, I could only freeze and stare out at the bleak surroundings as the car still moved, smoothly. 

Liam kept concentrated on the task at hand but I sensed his panic, it was written all over his face. Fear. Worry.  

Liam hasn't felt that in some time, despite that he has worked in their mafia for nearly 5 years,  being with Noah every step of the way after father followed through with his deal that left our family impaired and helped Noah regain his deserved power in a world of cruelty. 

Liam's been at the other end of the gun, threatened and had his life in the hands of others. In all of that, fear is not the main component, because only he is at risk. Him and my brothers who he never doubted. 

But, everything that happens to me, scares him, fear always prevalent. He's always there to protect me, through this whole plan, his main aim was to keep me safe. Secure from his dark world. 

It wasn't only me though, his family, our family.  We were together for years, always having each others backs and a shoulder to cry on. Enzo, Jer, Liam and me. 

I couldn't take it, my family could potentially be killed tonight. Not my brothers and not my father. My Jeremy and Enzo, the brothers who helped me get through everything alongside Liam. The ones who risked their lives for me, and there is no way I'm letting them go, I just can't. 

---

'N-no he can't' my voice broke from the desperate cries trying to escape, 'at least not them'. 

I sat still, but now focussing on Liam. 'I know Sia, I know' he repeated, his soothing voice did it's best to calm me down but we were talking about life and death, revenge or regret. 

Jeremy's breathing murmured through the speaker, it was clear he was gathering his thoughts, hearing the proposed plan set by my brother that could ultimately end his and Enzo's life could only be the hardest to digest. 

'Enzo is with your father and the Don at base.' Although his voice was impressively neutral, the slight hitch in his breath after, indicated otherwise.

5 minutes left until we arrived at our destination. 

Yet, a minute felt like an hour, a long hour and in this hour, our stomachs dropped. Enzo's position is the absolute worst he could be. Near the two men that I want dead and next to one that my brothers want dead. 

We knew that base was nowhere near us and since Jeremy only works on the outside by completing shipments, it was all up to Enzo to fill in this grey area. Now with the danger he's in, who knows what's happening in their callous system on the other side of the globe.

Enzo. He's the most mature. Always one step ahead of everything and although he's the same age as Noah, he certainly composes himself differently. Calm but not cold. Loving and affectionate too.            

Well, when he isn't around the man who killed his parents that is. 

Not the same man that I want to see suffer but the man who led my father to join his evil world in hopes of gaining power. Power that my father gave him for money. The green notes made from trees and plastic cards holding specific numbers on them made of polyvinyl chloride acetate. 

That is what it took to give up on us. Me. My mother. My brothers. Family. 

I guess that, at a price, we can all be bought. 

Kicking my mother and me out just to be certain that if all things went awry or there was the slightest chance that Noah rose up and with him, the great American mafia. We were leverage. 

My mother knew, if we purchased a single plane ticket for a Christmas holiday, we wouldn't even see the day that we'd arrive. And after all her efforts, I was the one who let her down. Let her die. 

Even though I couldn't save her, I promised my self I'd never let that happen to anyone else I loved.

'Jer, I will not let this happen, do you trust me?' I replied filling it with all my confidence. He had to have hope, 'I've trusted you since the day I met you Sierra' his sweet voice answered back, assuring me. 

'Liam, we need to have a little chit chat with Noah when we get home' I said smirking as I wrap my hand around his arm that rest beside the handbrake. 

'Yes we do, you and me Sia' he smiled back.

'You guys do that, but I have one question' Jeremy paused. 

My eyes fixated on the screen waiting for him to ask. 

'How the fuck did the Italian's find out?'

Hi guys!! 

I'm so sorry this is so late, I've just taken a bit of a personal break but I'm back in! I know this chapter is short but I think it's given you a clearer insight of things...

Next chapter is gonna be quite something...

...and yes, I searched up what credit cards are made of hehe - polyvinyl chloride acetate lol.

I know there might be some plot holes but once my book is complete, I'll do a q and a or something in case I left anything out! 

Also I just wanna say, thank you so much to everyone who votes and adds it to their reading list and all-around to just reading my story, it really does make me smile. 

Anna ❤️