Chapter Eight: The Underground, Part 2

The group was divided into partners, each had their own area to patrol in. Technoblade's partner was one of other heroes, Native and they had been positioned in Rats Markets district. He had actually chosen his partner himself and both were happy for the combination.

Because of Native's quirk (Track), he and Technoblade were able to navigate through the market place with ease and covered more ground without separating with eachother. Small talk ensured in their patrol and Technoblade grew to like the hero on a respectable level.

"I knew the city was big but seeing it in person, it feels bigger," Native said as they both treaded around their area, "It's almost the size of Osaka!"

"Hmm, yeah," Technoblade replied, "They're other places like this all over Japan but O'Satanas is the biggest and more developed but that's only because this place is the oldest of all the underground cities."

"It amazes me that us common heroes didn't even know about this place until now," Native said, "It makes me wonder how many things are hidden out throughout Japan. I mean, look at this place, its a city and people live here. They have their own set of laws from the people on the surface and this place is more beautiful than most cities up above. It's just such a shame that its in the hands of wanted criminals."

Techno laughed at Native, "Yeah, kinda ironic that one of Japan's dangerous city is way more developed than most cities up on the surface, it really makes you question what the living hell is the Japanese Government doing. If a bunch of unorganized can make a city this big and civilized, they could do ten times better."

"Yeah, it is kind- wait look at that," Native pulled Techno aside and they both watched as two men, one with a mutation quirk that let him have the appearance of a scorpion and another one wearing dark, wrinkled business suit, crawl into the corner of a shop. They watched them exchange something; a bag of something and in return a envelope that most likely has money.

They waited for them to get out of the shop and stalked the one that had bag with them. They trailed behind him, silent and unnoticed.

"I'll move on ahead," Techno said, "I'm going to stop in his tracks and pull him into the allyway so nobody sees us breaking rule #3."

Native nodded and went on with their plan. Technoblade silently pulled the man out of the streets and into an allyway, his gloved hand covering the man's mouth. The man struggled to get out but eventually gave up. He stared fearfully at the helmeted man who had abducted him and started to beg.

"P-please! I'll g-give you want you w-want!" Tears came strolling dowb the man's face.

"What's in those bags?" Techno questioned.

"T-they are p-pills!" The man exclaimed.

"Who gave you them?"

"I-i bought them from t-the bar at Aois district!" They said, "I don't k-know who gave t-them to m-me!"

Native tsked and sighed, "Let's inform Hawks and Tsukauchi, their at that area."

Techno let man go, "If you tell anybody, I'll rip you open."

The man nodded rapidly.

---------------break--------------

"Who do think that woman was?" Hawks asked as both he and Tsukauchi made a full rotation through the Aois District, "You know the woman at the entrance."

"I don't know, but I feel like I've seen a photo of her in one of the police files," The detective recalled, "I just don't remember which one."

Unlike the Rats Markets district, Aois District had shops and restaurants in newly built buildings. Variety of shops were placed all over the place; selling vast amount of things. Tsukauchi and Hawks came across a shop selling and making freshly made iced tea. The two men did not expect for the cashier to be so nice. If it weren't the fact that this whole city was an illegal, dangerous metropolis, he would think this place would just like any other city.

Tsukauchi thoughts went back to the woman, or the Gatekeeper Techno called her. Her relationship with the pink helmeted vigilante wasn't as great as Xisuma's. Sure they joked around but he remembered that Techno had threatened to hurt her without any hesitation.

What if Techno wasn't as good as he had hope he'd be?

The thoughts ruminated in his mind as questions filled his brain. Tsukauchi shook his head.

No, you can think about those thoughts later. Technoblade was helping them and he had never killed anyone good or even bad. He wasn't bad, he wasn-

"Tsukauchi, your phone is ringing," Hawks said, he snapped out if his thoughts and answered the call.

"Hello, this is Tsukauchi speakin-"

"No time for your blibber blabber, we have a lead!"

Tsukauchi eyes widen as he heard Native's voice through the phone, "I'll tell everyone to regroup and meet at the location that you just sent, thank you, Native."

None of this was Technoblade fault. Well, he hoped that it wasn't, at least.

---------------break--------------

Aizawa went to the location that was went to him. Unlike Technoblade and Native, he and Snipe was unable to find any good lead on the 'Mushroom' pill. He and his partner looked was finally at the location, they both stared at the bar in front of them. They entered the alcohol-infested place and there they saw the rest of the group except Technoblade, sitting around a wooden, round table. Untouched drinks sat on the table and a couple of plates of chips (or French fries depending on where you live) was placed at each end of the table. Two extra chairs were there for them. They sat.

"Since everyone is here, we can start," Tsukauchi began, "Native and Techno found a lead that brought us here. From what their source said, this was the place was where he had bought it. Techno went on a manhunt to get the person who the person sold the mushroom to."

"Why didn't Native go with him?" Aizawa found himself asking, "Two is better than one afterall."

"The only reason Native is here is because he has more info to share with all of us and since Techno already know he thought it was better to let him find the man to get samples of the drug to bring back at the police station. Native, if you will."

Native nodded, "After being given the location of where the man bought it, Techno and I decided to get backround checks of this bar and found it was owned by Tere Zhao. He was a famous scientist in China known for quirk counseling but when he was fired, he disappeared. We assumed he stayed here to make profit for his talent down here instead."

"How do you even run backround checks around here?" Hawks questioned, "There are no proper way to get information on anything; there are no computers down here to get data from and there's no way that the people here told you that information willingly."

"Techno contacted one of his info brokers and paid a heavy amount to get the information. Should've seen how frustrated he was when the broker told him the price. The man can make very terrifying threats." Native gave a small laugh.

"Yeah, let's just hope he won't actually kill someone," Aizawa scoffed.

Surely he wont, right?